It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eye & Vision Message Board

• Unusual floaters/optic phenomenons.

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 01-24-2017, 04:25 AM   #1
    Kat1973
    (female)

Kat1973 HB User
    Unusual floaters/optic phenomenons.

So, here we go. I have floaters for ages, maybe twenty years, I am 43 now. I wear glasses for reading and looking further away (like driving, watching tv). I have astigmatism, been born that way. Have some other health issues aswell and take quite a few meds. Since december the 20th I got quite 'scary' eye symptoms. I have blurs (sometimes large ones), flashes with light and dark, sometimes it even takes quite a large fragment of my vision, for a split second. It's quite difficult to explain. It doens't feel like a floater. More a flashlike distortion for very short time. Sometimes in the same places again for a few times. It lasts very short. Or returns a few short times (less then a second) and then goes. They come and go. Sometimes with eye movement or head movement. Sometimes when looking quite still in front of me. I have spots of light and dark too. Been to the eye doctor twice (I go every two/three months anyway). Did a dilated exam (multiple), vision field test (multiple) . I have a pvd (since 2014) in my left eye and now I have a spot of pigment in my right eye (is a bright stationary spot with a dark border, in the upper left corner) which I especially see in bright conditions (white walls, sunny days). The pigment is formed because my retina is thinner in the corners. It's a normal reaction. I also had a angiogram (to see if the bloodvessels are still okay), all clear. My eyedoctor says it's most likely the vitreous that's pressing against the retina, because it's aging. To rule out any other things I will undergo an MRI of my brain (I have Ménière's disease) in march and they will also visualise the frontal visual part. It feels and looks different then the usual floaters, that's why i am quite worried something is wrong with my brain or optic nerve. Anyone that can relate? Feedback is appreciated. (Note: I am quite an anxious person, been through a lot lately). Thank you!

Last edited by Kat1973; 01-24-2017 at 05:45 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply