It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eye & Vision Message Board

• Eye floater (problems?) Very weird conditions.

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 02-22-2017, 08:32 AM   #1
    BreezeSurreal43
    (male)

BreezeSurreal43 HB User
    Question Eye floater (problems?) Very weird conditions.

Hey there!

If you're gonna read this I strongly encourage you to read it all since I think every little detail is important,thanks!

So here is what happened to me today ,it is pretty peculiar:

So I wake up,having a regular day,start going to my workplace.

I arrive early and I decide to go for a cigarette.

I'm not having any problems but then 5 minutes later i start coughing,not that hard but I can't really hold it in either.

And so I cough for the next 10 minutes.

Just 1 cough a minute,so it's not really that bad,I have a feeling I have a
    secretion/sputum/phlegm that I'm trying to cough out.

And after 10 minutes I strongly cough and i feel like the secretion is no longer there.

But right then and there(I was inside the office,regular morning light conditions)I started seeing these weird(multi colored?)floaters going around in random directions,on their own.

It lasts for about 10-15 seconds,I tried opening and closing/rubbing my eyes and it worked,but only after a couple of tries.

I'm left dumbfounded at what happened,also a little bit scared as I heard that a friend of mine also had a problem with floaters and it was some serious stuff.

Before this event I have never noticed floaters moving on their own in random directions(up,down,diagonally etc)like that.I have only seen those that move along with your pupil as you look around,when you're looking at the sky or a bright light.

But now,after this event,I have started noticing the exact same floaters moving around on their own in random directions when I look at the sky,only they are very much weaker than the time I've seen them in the office.

I'd also like you to know that 2 years ago I have neuritis rethrobulbaris(an inflammation of the optic nerve)in my right eye.
    It's probably unrelated but I thought you should know.

So I have some questions now.

1)Does anyone actually have those floaters that move on their own?It should be normal right,maybe I just haven't noticed them before this?

2)Are the cigarettes and the cough unrelated?

3)Should I be worried?

Thanks in advance for the help!

The following user gives a hug of support to BreezeSurreal43:
    movielover40 (02-22-2017)
    Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-22-2017, 10:03 AM   #2
    Snoopy61
    Inactive
    (female)

Snoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB User
    Re: Eye floater (problems?) Very weird conditions.

Many people experience floater and the majority are normal. It would be a good idea to see an Ophthalmologist to evaluate your floaters.

Your cough and cigarettes are more than likely connected. This is very common and referred to as a smokers cough. However, since you smoke it's always a good idea to have your cough evaluated especially if it continues.

Old 02-22-2017, 11:08 AM   #3
    BreezeSurreal43
    (male)

BreezeSurreal43 HB User

Really,you think the cigarettes and the coughing might be connected to my eye floaters?
    I don't think I've heard anything like this my whole life.

Also I'm still really curious if other people such as yourself have these self moving floaters,can't find anything on the web that answers this question.

Old 02-22-2017, 11:15 AM   #4
    Snoopy61
    Inactive
    (female)

Snoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB User

I'm sorry, a misunderstanding...

I don't believe the coughing and cigarettes are related to the eye floaters but only a Dr. can tell you that. The coughing and cigarettes are connected together.

Old 02-22-2017, 11:33 AM   #5
    BreezeSurreal43
    (male)

BreezeSurreal43 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Snoopy61 View Post
    I'm sorry, a misunderstanding...

I don't believe the coughing and cigarettes are related to the eye floaters but only a Dr. can tell you that. The coughing and cigarettes are connected together.
    Oh right,haha ,yeah that just goes with one another,never really had a cough attack like that so I may check it out.

Still looking for the answer to the self moving floater question,thanks for your posts though!

Old 02-22-2017, 06:37 PM   #6
    Bleue
    (female)

Bleue HB UserBleue HB UserBleue HB UserBleue HB UserBleue HB UserBleue HB User

The floaters that we see are actually shadows. Shadows don't come in colors. Floaters don't really move; they just appear to do so - it's your eye focus that moves. So, you probably haven't experienced floaters.

Perhaps you had an optical migraine. As you'd had a neuritis condition of the optic nerve before, best to see an ophthalmologist to get this checked out.

Good luck!

Reply Reply

Tags
    eye and vision, eye care, eye floaters, vision, vision problem