It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eye & Vision Message Board

• Giant Papillary Conjunctivitis

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 08-17-2017, 08:16 PM   #1
    worried216
    (female)

worried216 HB User
    Giant Papillary Conjunctivitis

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

I am concerned I passed herpes to my eye. After I touched a potential sore, I developed a fleeting burning feeling, then intermittent pain and redness for the next week. I made an appointment with my optometrist. He said he noticed swelling in my left eye (not the eye I believe I touched after) and he diagnosed me with GPC- stands for Giant Papillary Conjunctivitis. He gave me Lotemax and told me to take it four times daily.

When I read up on GPS it sounds like it is mainly caused from wearing contact lenses which I do not. He did mention that he is seeing it alot more from people who don't.

I asked him many times if he was sure he did not see eye herpes when he did the slit examination and he said yes.

I am just worried that he misdiagnosed me. Any help would be greatly appreciated......thank you!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-17-2017, 09:01 PM   #2
    rebecca70
    (female)

rebecca70 HB Userrebecca70 HB Userrebecca70 HB Userrebecca70 HB Userrebecca70 HB User
    Re: Giant Papillary Conjunctivitis

You said you saw an optometrist.You should be seeing an opthomologist for a diagnosis.

Old 12-10-2017, 08:43 PM   #3
    worried216
    (female)

worried216 HB User
    Re: Giant Papillary Conjunctivitis

Thanks! I did see one weeks after and he did not think it was that. He said it seemed like allergies but it was tough to know for sure since he didn't see me when it was having the issue.

Should I accept that I am in the clear? I am not sure if it is something that heals on its own or what my next steps should be. I actually went back to this same man a second time to confirm.

Reply Reply

Tags
    eye herpes, ocular herpes