HealthBoards

HealthBoards (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Eye & Vision (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/eye-vision/)
-   -   Systane Long lasting eyedrop problem (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/eye-vision/1039869-systane-long-lasting-eyedrop-problem.html)

Ctrygrl 01-09-2018 03:21 PM

Systane Long lasting eyedrop problem

I have use Systane long lasting eye drops for years for dry eye. I opened a new 1 oz bottle this morning and put them in my eyes then noticed a bad smell, it was the eyedrops they smelled musty and a little like wormwood. I called the company and they want the drops back, I had 2 bottles from the same lot and they both smelled, I was just wondering if anyone else had this happen and if there were any problems with their eyes.

Titchou 01-09-2018 07:25 PM

Re: Systane Long lasting eyedrop problem

I use Systane and have not had any issues

Pokyhs 03-21-2018 03:27 AM

I had the same problem a few months ago and they asked me to send the drops in. They sent me a replacement for them. Now I have opened a new bottle and there is the same musty smell. I am very disappointed because these are very good eyedrops.

Mlittleprin 03-21-2018 06:48 AM

[QUOTE=Ctrygrl;5475740]I have use Systane long lasting eye drops for years for dry eye. I opened a new 1 oz bottle this morning and put them in my eyes then noticed a bad smell, it was the eyedrops they smelled musty and a little like wormwood. I called the company and they want the drops back, I had 2 bottles from the same lot and they both smelled, I was just wondering if anyone else had this happen and if there were any problems with their eyes.[/QUOTE]

Hi yes this actually just happened to me this week! Bought my drops at Target store, couldn't figure out where the smell was coming from in my room then it dawned on me it was the drops! Used for about 5 days my eyes felt awful as though there were sand in them. Target took back no problem should have returned then directly to company. Guess they had a huge recall a few years ago... pulled thousands of product off the shelves for same issue

quincy 03-21-2018 10:44 AM

What Systane drops exactly? They have a few.
I have the Balance, no smell, but will keep it in mind in the future.

q

JimB 04-01-2018 11:43 PM

I just started using Systane Balance drops. I used a sample from my optometrist and then ordered from Ebay. Neither bottle had any odor.

Alsace 04-19-2018 09:32 AM

I'm new. My problem is that dilating eye drops have caused damage to the vision in both my eyes, worse in the unoperated eye than in the eye with cataract surgery. I saw a post here from 2003 with the same problem being ignored by opthalmologists. Would like to hear from anyone else with ongoing damage from dilating eye drops.