It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eye & Vision Message Board

Cataracts

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-05-2018, 10:26 PM   #1
marilyn23
(female)

marilyn23 HB User
Cool Cataracts

I have just completed my second eye surgery of cataracts. I had my follow up appointment today at my ophthalmologist today and he said I have 20/20 vision in my right eye and 20/25 vision in my left eye. He said I need to see a optometrist and get a slight prescription for eyeglasses to bring the two eyes into balance.

What does 20/25 vision mean is it a good thing or a bad thing. My left eye that was down two weeks ago is still scratchy and it's irritated. He said along with my regular prescription eye drops I should put in dry eyes drops as needed and he suggested a warm compress twice a day.

I'm using reading glasses to read books and my laptop. I just never expected to have to go back to wearing glasses full time after the surgery. But I guess that will have to be the case.

Last edited by Administrator; 03-05-2018 at 10:33 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-06-2018, 04:58 AM   #2
Titchou
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: Cataracts

Sometimes you still need a correction. Wait till they totally heal.If you feel that one diopter is an issue, get glasses. If it doesn't really impact you that much, go without. It's isn't required that you get distance glasses.

Old 03-06-2018, 07:01 AM   #3
marilyn23
(female)

marilyn23 HB User
Re: Cataracts

thank you for your reply I'll do that.

Reply Reply