It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eye & Vision Message Board

Opened eye to red spot in vision but gone in a blink

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-11-2018, 11:35 PM   #1
EmTail
(female)

EmTail HB User
Opened eye to red spot in vision but gone in a blink

I知 probably being insanely paranoid but I noticed when opening my eyes after having them closed for a bit to try to sleep, I noticed a very blood looking red in my vision, I blinked and it was just. Completely gone.
Earlier I saw a random flash.

Additional info is that I知 dealing with bronchitis atm and a slight sinus related headache.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-12-2018, 09:46 AM   #2
quincy
Senior Veteran
(female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User
Re: Opened eye to red spot in vision but gone in a blink

Could be related to a type of migraine....however, we have constant changes in the vitreous as we age, floaters being the result.

Anything that is sporadic and immediately gone....note it, but it doesn't sound serious.

I've had 3 vitrious detachments, and see different lights sporadically...I know what to expect, however....the floaters are very bothersome at times.
Anything that hangs around or intensely worsens, best to get it checked out asap.

How is your blood pressure? Many times, coughing and pressure around eyes can cause what you describe.

Hope you feel better soon! Maybe it's time for a full complete eye exam with a retinal scan etc.

Keep us updated how you're doing.

q

Last edited by quincy; 10-12-2018 at 09:49 AM.

Old 10-13-2018, 09:46 PM   #3
EmTail
(female)

EmTail HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by quincy View Post
Could be related to a type of migraine....however, we have constant changes in the vitreous as we age, floaters being the result.

Anything that is sporadic and immediately gone....note it, but it doesn't sound serious.

I've had 3 vitrious detachments, and see different lights sporadically...I know what to expect, however....the floaters are very bothersome at times.
Anything that hangs around or intensely worsens, best to get it checked out asap.

How is your blood pressure? Many times, coughing and pressure around eyes can cause what you describe.

Hope you feel better soon! Maybe it's time for a full complete eye exam with a retinal scan etc.

Keep us updated how you're doing.

q
Thank you so much for responding. So far, I致e yet to get a complete migraine. Maybe a sinus related pressure in my head. But I am coughing severely due to a horrible case of bronchitis. Since then, I didn稚 see it much but tonight ahain, I saw red in my vision for a split moment. I知 really unsure what to think of it. If it continues after I知 no longer sick, maybe I値l get it checked.

Old 10-14-2018, 03:17 AM   #4
quincy
Senior Veteran
(female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User

Definitely get checked. Are you using otc meds for your bronchitis?

q

Reply Reply