It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eye & Vision Message Board

• Double vision (diplopia) on lateral gazes: meds or pulled muscle?

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 02-08-2019, 09:17 AM   #16
    yayagirl
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

yayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB User
    Re: Double vision (diplopia) on lateral gazes: meds or pulled muscle?

Ah, now I understand! Thanks for the details.
    IMO, your eye issues easily may not be related to a mental health or pulled muscle problem. I have very dry eyes myself and I have a scratchy feeling in my eyes. It is painful to look to the left or right or even up and down. And, hon, still, do avoid doing that any more than normal blinking. It just further irritates the eyeballs.

I believe you need to get examined by an expert Ophthalmologist, or at least an expert Optician that can refer you to the other expert; keep trying till you find a responsive expert. In my case, I did at first get sent to an ophthalmologist that did a supposed thorough examination who of all things didn't even see my very obvious cataracts. If we talk to people who just don't know enough about eyes they will not give the best advice. So good for you that you kept on talking about your eye issues.

I'm glad that first ophthalmologist didn't try to operate on me since he was not well enough practiced to be doing his job! From there I found an expert, well practiced Ophthalmologist that knows his stuff, and my eyes are now well-cared for. I needed and had surgery to remove the cataracts, and from that surgery I have the very dry eye issue now, too.

Of course one can have dry eyes for other reasons, such as hyperthyroidism OR hypothyroidism, so you may need to discuss this with an expert endocrinologist that specializes in thyroid issues, also, to rule out that possibility.

There are overthecounter dry eye drops and you can try different brands until you find one that is comfortable to you. I ask pharmacists what they recommend. Then I try different brands until I am satisfied.

The Mayo clinic website has excellent, easy to understand and best of all reliable information ~

https://newsnetwork.mayoclinic.org/discussion/mayo-clinic-q-and-a-double-vision-can-often-be-effectively-treated/

Here is another thing, not to worry about but to get checked, and it is that hyperthyroidism can cause eye issues similar to what you report. Perhaps you get a referral to a good endocrinologist that specializes in vision issues?

I know this is a load of info, just take each thing one at a time.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply