It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eye & Vision Message Board

• Anyone wear disposable contact lenses

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 05-28-2019, 12:07 PM   #1
    Haylo
    (female)

Haylo HB User
    Anyone wear disposable contact lenses

I was wearing these since I don't work anymore & am home most of the time. My Dr. recommended these that I can wear when I want & then throw them away at the end of the day. I really liked them; however, what I don't like is how the contacts are clear. I have asked why I can't get them colored & was told my prescription is too strong to make these. I don't get that, I'd be willing to pay more. As a result of them being clear there have been times I wasn't sure I got the contact out. Last year this happened, and I finally had to decide I must have gotten it out. I didn't wear contacts for about a year, but one morning I woke up & rubbed my eye. My eye became red & swollen. I went to the eye Dr. & was shocked when she pulled out a contact that was up under my eye. She couldn't believe it had been in there for a year.

Several days ago I met a woman who asked me to read something for her on a package. I read it for her & asked if she had just had cataract surgery. She said no that her soft contact lense had torn while in her eye. She now is having to put in steroid drops. I think it's dangerous to not have them have some color to them. She didn't know the torn lense was in there. If I could have lifted up my eye & seen the colored lense I could have gotten it out.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-28-2019, 02:49 PM   #2
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
    Re: Anyone wear disposable contact lenses

They used to have a pale blue tint but as far as I know they quit doing that years ago. When I was wearing them they weren't tinted any longer and that's been years. If you kept both till you got them out, then you'd know if you had gotten them both out. Any eye doc would be glad to check any time to be sure it's out.. Or you can flush your eye out with saline and it should come out. They can't go anywhere. And you can probably get the colored kind that change your eye color but they are expensive.

Old 05-29-2019, 04:28 AM   #3
    MSNik
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User

I am not sure what you are asking. I have clear disposable contacts and every day when I walk in the door from work, I take them out. It is not that hard to remember to remove them- Ive been doing it for 20 years.

Maybe you need to set a reminder on your phone or next to your toothbrush- so at night before you go to bed, you take them out? You could throw them in a paper cup, so that if you forget, you can see that you did it.

The colored contacts do not come in every prescription; but my prescription is pretty heavy- and they are available for me. I hated them. They were no where near as comfortable as my clear ones; but you can probably find an eye doctor who can check for you OR go on a contact lense website and just see if your prescription is listed; that way you'll know for sure.

Good luck!

Old 06-04-2019, 01:44 PM   #4
    Haylo
    (female)

Haylo HB User

I don't forget to take them out. One time when I thought I took one out it got caught up under my eyelid. I didn't realize it was under there because I couldn't see it. I think it would be much nicer to have some color on them so i could have seen it up under my lid.

One lady I spoke with said a soft contact tore in her eye & now she's having to put steroid drops in her eye. She said she would like to have them in a color also, so she could have seen them. I've been told I can't get a color put on mine because my prescription is so strong.

Old 06-04-2019, 02:47 PM   #5
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

Mine were tinted light blue at one time and it didn't show up in the eyes...only against something white/very light like the contact case, etc. And it's only colored in the middle not the outside section. I don't think you'll get what you want out of that style. the ones that change your eyecolor might work but it would be best to try them on first.

Reply Reply