It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eye & Vision Message Board

• Blind spot in one eye

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 06-27-2019, 04:23 AM   #1
    snowMountain

snowMountain HB User
    Blind spot in one eye

It happened one month ago. I took an 10 hr long flight and got really tired. The following week I experienced left eye upper lid twitching, extreme dry/itchy/redness with both my eyes, there was also one day both my eyeballs became painful. And then one day (that's about 10days after the trip) I noticed a gray spot in the upper right side close to the center of my left eye. It seemed to be there even when I closed my eyes. So I went to see an ophthalmologist. The doctor did a bunch of tests(incl. Vision field test, angiography, OCT etc). There was swelling in certain part of the retina which corresponds to the blind spot. He suspected it's caused by an infection or a tiny clot(considering I have high cholesterol level) in the small blood vessel right behind the retina. So right now I'm taking some pills he prescribed. It has been three weeks and it's still there. The blind spot is very close to the center so it did impact my vision and everyday my eyes get tired and painful very easily.

Does anyone have similar experience or insight on this? Thanks in advance.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply