It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eye & Vision Message Board

• Problem with new glasses

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 11-09-2019, 10:16 AM   #1
    lilcee
    (female)

lilcee HB User
    Question Problem with new glasses

I'm a 72 yr female. Recently I had my vision tested and got new glasses. I've had the old ones for 6 yrs with no problems. I had my eyes checked two years ago and they didn't seem right so I went back to my old ones and had no problem seeing with them. Two weeks ago I got new lenses (I kept the old frames because I like them). The new ones see weird. I'm not sure what the problem is. Sometimes things look distorted. I compared the prescription to the old glasses and the distance is not as strong. The girl told me that's normal for older people, that the distance is not as strong but close up is stronger. I never heard of that. I'm considering having someone else check my eyes as the new glasses just don't seem right. Has anyone else ever heard of this before? Should I wait longer to see if they work out? I don't want to wait too long, I'm not sure how long they give you before you can get a recheck or a refund.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-09-2019, 01:03 PM   #2
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
    Re: Problem with new glasses

Mine vary at times. Have you taken the glasses to your eye doctor for them to double check? Also,cataracts???

Old 11-09-2019, 01:20 PM   #3
    lilcee
    (female)

lilcee HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Titchou View Post
    Mine vary at times. Have you taken the glasses to your eye doctor for them to double check? Also,cataracts???
    No, I haven't done that yet. She did say I had cataracts but not bad enough yet for surgery

Old 11-09-2019, 04:03 PM   #4
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

They can only correct so much when you have cataracts. So it may be that you are at that point and they can only do so much. Get the glasses checked by your doctor. Ask about how good the distance correction will be until you get the cataracts removed. It will be limited.Also ask what number your cataracts are at. They have to be a 4 to get removed. Mine are at 2/

Reply Reply

« Detached vitreous | - »