It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eye & Vision Message Board

• Tiny spots with no color sensitivity (not blind)

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 04-15-2020, 10:52 AM   #1
    fov79

fov79 HB User
    Tiny spots with no color sensitivity (not blind)

Hi

I am a 41 year old male and am concerned about two symmetrical points in my field of vision, where the color sensitivity is reduced. And where also I cannot see a small thing like a mouse cursor or a laser dot (in ppt) cursor clearly and normally. I do see it so it is not blind spot, just not sharp and fully. This happens with each eye individually, looking at a centerpoint (other eye closed), and then observing a tiny spot in the outward/upward side where I cannot see normally.

In both left and right eyes, looking at a centerpoint (like an x mark or dot on computer screen), moving slightly sideways away from nose, ie to left in the left eye and to right in the right eye. And upwards, away from the central field of vision. So these two spots/points would form a triangle with the centerpoint where I fixate my eye.

When I look at the centerpoint, that spot (left and up in the case of looking with left eye), the spot does not look sharp for example if I have the mouse cursor on it. And just today I noticed that I cannot see color in those exact spots almost at all. Red color in my pencil tip disappears when I move it to the exact spot. Same with the right eye. If I blink or keep the eye closed and open it, I very briefly detect the color but it becomes colorless/dark very quick. Looking at a computer screen and using the powerpoint’s laser pointer, the spots dont show the pointer sharply but as very vague. Moving away from the spots, cursor starts to show normally. Then, If I look at the left spot with right eye, color is normal and vice versa. And notice that I dont move my vision to those spots, ie I keep vision in the center point but just observe how I see the spots.

These are very tiny spots, almost like in the upper peripheral vision. Are these normal physiological manifestations (both eyes have same, symmetrically) due to retinal structure of cones or lack of them. Or something to worry about?

Thank you!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-15-2020, 08:49 PM   #2
    MSNik
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
    Re: Tiny spots with no color sensitivity (not blind)

Hi..you could be seeing floaters- tiny spots in the eyes, but floaters usually move around..

You could also be having a retina issue, which potentially could be serious. If you feel this is new- and if you feel it is an issue- you really should reach out to an ophthalmologist and tell them what is going on and see if they want to examine you.. I wouldn't play around with my eyes.

Old 04-30-2020, 01:54 PM   #3
    fov79

fov79 HB User
    Re: Tiny spots with no color sensitivity (not blind)

I had an eye exam with a result of having slightly elevated eye pressure. And followed by a visual field test (hvf) that was normal.

Still I am mentally bothered by the fact that I can put a marker on a laptop screen, slightly above and right side from my right eye. Then look at the center and when I move the laptop back and forth, at one point the marker disappears. Ie there is a spot at some distance/angle away where I cannot see it. It does it even when I have it set against a black background as a white circle. I realize this is peripheral vision, and my left eye does this almost the same way. It is almost as if the spot scattered the light around those spots. Carefully seen ”Out from the corner” I can see the dot changing shape and becoming 1 dot, 2 dots, disappearing and then slowly back to the original shape. Ie when I move the screen through this zone where the spot disappears from sight.

My eye doctor puts it away as either under ”vitreous is not perfectly even or clear” and that can cause this. Or something else. But I know it is happening.

Is this normal for peripheral vision, does it have these tiny little spots that you cannot see? Or do I need to push the issue?

Reply Reply