HealthBoards

HealthBoards (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Eye & Vision (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/eye-vision/)
-   -   Anyone here had RK surgery in the past (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/eye-vision/125926-anyone-here-had-rk-surgery-past.html)

danny3861 11-13-2003 03:35 PM

Anyone here had RK surgery in the past

I'm looking for someone here that has had R/K surgery in years past. I'm having problem now after 15 yrs of having the surgery. Just looking to exchange ideas or advice.

Thanks

Rick7799 11-13-2003 04:24 PM

Had R/K surgery in one eye 10 years ago and my vision is still 20/20. Just curious, what kind of problems are you having.

danny3861 11-13-2003 05:34 PM

Post Rk

[QUOTE=Rick7799]Had R/K surgery in one eye 10 years ago and my vision is still 20/20. Just curious, what kind of problems are you having.[/QUOTE]

Well i had my in 1986, and 20/20 at that time. I would have a occasional fluctation. But last year in Oct, I noticed my near vision was getting worse, tried reading glasses, but I have some astigmatism in both eyes. But then my distance vision in my left was getting worse, mainly the astigmatism, and my right eye was getting farsighted alot. But my left was ok up close. But my fluctuations were getting to be a daily occurance. But I do notice now ,months later, my up close in the left gets off also, but nothing like my right. I cant see the print on newspaper with my right. I tried contacts fron Tso, but the Optometrist said he could only help the distance vision and I would have deal with the fluctuating near and far vision, but my vision wasn't that.
I remember asking the Dr who did my eyes, will I be able to wear contacts or glasses ,if needed later, he said oh sure. But its not been that easy. I'm glad your vision is still ok, god bless that.

1. Eyes Fluctuate alot
2. Poor vision in Dim light
3. Large halos and starbursts at night

I've been thinking about trying RGP contacts or Z wave contacts. Rgp's are suppose to stabilize the vision changes.

You should check out Surgicaleyes.com. I considered myself a succuess until last year. I was real nearsighted -7.00 in both eyes. But this past year has been tuff.

Danny in Texas

danny3861 11-16-2003 05:36 PM

Anyone else

Anyone else with RK and having problems years later!!

[QUOTE=danny3861]Well i had my in 1986, and 20/20 at that time. I would have a occasional fluctation. But last year in Oct, I noticed my near vision was getting worse, tried reading glasses, but I have some astigmatism in both eyes. But then my distance vision in my left was getting worse, mainly the astigmatism, and my right eye was getting farsighted alot. But my left was ok up close. But my fluctuations were getting to be a daily occurance. But I do notice now ,months later, my up close in the left gets off also, but nothing like my right. I cant see the print on newspaper with my right. I tried contacts fron Tso, but the Optometrist said he could only help the distance vision and I would have deal with the fluctuating near and far vision, but my vision wasn't that.
I remember asking the Dr who did my eyes, will I be able to wear contacts or glasses ,if needed later, he said oh sure. But its not been that easy. I'm glad your vision is still ok, god bless that.

1. Eyes Fluctuate alot
2. Poor vision in Dim light
3. Large halos and starbursts at night

I've been thinking about trying RGP contacts or Z wave contacts. Rgp's are suppose to stabilize the vision changes.

You should check out Surgicaleyes.com. I considered myself a succuess until last year. I was real nearsighted -7.00 in both eyes. But this past year has been tuff.

Danny in Texas[/QUOTE]

danny3861 11-19-2003 10:07 PM

Re: Anyone else

bump to bump
[QUOTE=danny3861]Anyone else with RK and having problems years later!![/QUOTE]