It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eye & Vision Message Board

• Double Vision

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-07-2004, 04:28 PM   #1
    skeb_nz
    (female)

skeb_nz HB User
    Double Vision

Hi

I was wondering what you guys might think this could be.

About 3 months ago I started getting double vision. I really noticed it when I looked up at the moon and saw two parts of the moon (the top left 'corner' and the right side) "sticking out" from the moon, as well as the actual moon which I can't see clearly due to the doubling. I also notice it especially when I'm sitting in a lecture at University looking at the screen with a powerpoint slideshow on it. When the words are bold from the background (eg yellow writing on dark blue background) They are doubled in a similar pattern to the moon. Both the moon and the words aren't blury they're just doubled. It also happens to objects that are closer though not as drastically and is most noticable when the doubled objects is bold from the background.

If I cover one eye, the double vision still stays but mainly only on one side.

I also get short (1 sec to 3-4 minute), sore (6-8 on 1-10 scale) headaches, which I get many times daily (45-90). I see a neurologist about them and he has referred me to the eye department at my hospital for my eyes but I don't know when this will be. I also get sore/achy eyes at the back of them. My eyes also often have dark and light areas banding horizontally across them. I also had the onset of about 15 floaters occur around the time when my eyes started playing up (about 8-9 months ago). A couple of times about every 3 months I get this vision blackening out, where it looks like a black curtain has been pulled across half my eye, only effecting one eye though I've had this happen in both eyes.

Earlier in the year I was diagnosed with optic nerve head drusen, which is a condition where small calcium balls build up on my optic nerves (slow process) because the optic nerves aren't big enough for the nerve messages to go thru, or something like that. This is supposed to be a benign conditions and isn't supposed to affect my vision.

Thank you

Beks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-10-2004, 08:54 AM   #2
    double0bondo

double0bondo HB User
    Re: Double Vision

anymore info about this?? i have the same thing for about 8 years now, minus the head aches

Old 10-16-2004, 07:42 AM   #3
    JJCHEEK

JJCHEEK HB User
    Re: Double Vision

My Double Vision And Floaters Started When I Had Mononucleosis,this Has Been Going On For 7 Months Now . My Double Vision Is Not As Bad Now Compared To What It Was 4 Months Ago, But My Floaters Are Worse Now Then They Were 4 Months Ago. I Also See Dark Shaded Areas If I Look Horizantally And Virtically. My Night Vision Has Gotten Worse Over The Past 7 Months. My Night Vision Is Staticky. Its Like Watching Tv With Statick Going Across The Picture. I Never Had Problems With My Vision Until I Got This Virus. I Have Already Tried Wearing Glasses And It Did Not Help. Does Anyone Have Problems Seeing At Night?

Closed Thread