It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eye & Vision Message Board

• Alternative to cataract surgery

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-13-2004, 04:19 PM   #1
    VroomMotorBike

VroomMotorBike HB User
    Alternative to cataract surgery

Hello everyone,

Few weeks ago, I heard on a radio program that there is an alternative to cataract surgery, which is cataract eyedrops. I've tried looking for information on cataract eyedrops on the Internet, but no medically reputed website even mentions it. Please tell me if you have heard of cataract eyedrops, and if so, where I can get them. I know someone who would prefer to have cataract eyedrops rather than having to undergo cataract surgery. If anyone can guide me on where to find information on cataract eyedrops, or any other alternatives to cataract surgery, your help will be most appreciated.

Cheers,
    Vroom

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-13-2004, 07:56 PM   #2
    areys1

areys1 HB User
    Re: Alternative to cataract surgery

I work in an ophthalmology practice and have never heard of a cataract drop. Modern cataract surgery is the most commonly performed surgery in the United States. The process is done under local anesthesia and is "no stitch" procedure. Most cataract surgeries take about 15 minutes to perform. For more information, take a look at my office's website: w w w . inland eye clinic . c o m (no spaces)

Last edited by areys1; 09-13-2004 at 07:57 PM.

Old 09-14-2004, 11:52 AM   #3
    Torre
    Inactive

Torre HB User
    Re: Alternative to cataract surgery

If you can't get any info online, I suggest you contact the radio station. If it was a commercial, they can give you the information you need, and if it was a show, you might be able to get a transcript, or a website for the host.

Torre

Closed Thread