It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eye & Vision Message Board

• Double Vision or Visual Halos?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-05-2004, 11:07 PM   #1
    Walty10
    (male)

Walty10 HB User
    Double Vision or Visual Halos?

Hello...
    Ive just been getting over a bout of vertigo and dizziness so when I started to notice this visual problem it really alarmed me because i was wondering if I had a brain tumor. When looking at lights... generally at night against the black sky or fluorescent street signs. I am pretty badly nearsighted and have noticed that when I take my glasses off and look at anything that is well lit it becomes much bigger and is almost like the image repeats itself on all sides. This is similar to what I notice with my glasses on. I have noticed it with digital clocks at night too but it seems that when I get closer the double vision or visual halo goes away. Does double vision mean that you see two of everything you look at? Because this certainly isnt the case with me. BUt i am very scared about this odd little symptom and if anyone could give me some information i would be VERY happy.

Thank You SO Much

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-06-2004, 04:51 AM   #2
    720l

720l HB User
    Re: Double Vision or Visual Halos?

I have the same thing and am badly nearsighted. Don't worry about it. I don't think it's "double vision"--it's bad vision without glasses on especially at night.

Closed Thread