It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eye & Vision Message Board

• dry eyes/plugs/allergy drops

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-02-2005, 09:29 PM   #1
    sadiegirl
    (female)

sadiegirl HB User
    dry eyes/plugs/allergy drops

I am a bit confused....I have been reading all the posts like crazy about dry eyes and remedies and have found some very helpful and would like to ask a few questions and add a few tips:

I recently got upper eyelid plugs and the moisture level on my eyes overflows and is very annoying.....do eyes eventually adjust so this problem subsides??

After the plugs were inserted I had terrible bags under my eyes for awhile as well as swollen eye lids....almost like an allergic reaction.......what could this have been.....it has subsided so I am wondering if eyes need to adjust to the change.....??

Also, even though I have this there is this moisture my eyes still burn/look bloodshot, etc....but when I use allergy drops in them they clear up and feel better and overflow less......I have heard so many bad things about these drops but I think that going through all of this to increase the tears I may have come to the conclusion that allergies contribute to my eye pain and irritation.....can these drops be used regularly?

agghh!! It is so confusing! Finding the source of the problem seems to be half the battle!

For those considering plugs.....my reaction to the upper plugs was quite drastic (too much moisture) whereas I felt nothing when they plugged the lower AND when they plugged the upper with temporary.....something has been different with the permanent in the upper lids......the eye doc said that one eye (the one that has hurt the most and caused the most trouble) had a larger punctal to plug......

helpful:

4 plugs and using gel when possible (like at home) the gel is able to stay and lubricate pretty well.

I want to thank everyone for ALL of the help that you have given!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread