It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eye & Vision Message Board

• Bifocal contacts causing double vision?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-14-2005, 09:35 PM   #1
    Sara5678
    (female)

Sara5678 HB User
    Unhappy Bifocal contacts causing double vision?

A year and a half ago, I got rigid gas permeable bifocal contact lenses. After about one year of wearing these lenses, I noticed double vision and the contacts kept fogging up, even after getting them cleaned and polished.

The double vision is the kind where you see 2 objects with both eyes open. There is no double vision if I only look out of one eye and the other is closed.

Has anyone ever heard of bifocal contacts causing double vision. I find it very ironic that I got the double vision after wearing the bifocal contacts. It all started with halos, ghosts and then the dreaded double vision.

I have had all the tests, MRI's and blood work and no definitive answers yet.
    I am wearing prism glasses now and they help.

Can anyone shed some light on this? I would really appreciate hearing from anyone about this. I am just miserable. I just stopped wearing the lenses 3 days ago and now wear my glasses. Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread