It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eye & Vision Message Board

• woke up and can't see out of my right eye... HELP!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-23-2006, 02:59 AM   #1
    t_411
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

t_411 HB Usert_411 HB Usert_411 HB User
    woke up and can't see out of my right eye... HELP!

I posted this in lasik eye board too - didn't see this board before and I think it's better in here since it's related to eye/vision and not that surgery..
    ________________________________________ ________________________
    I figured who better to ask than people who've had eye problems so, here I am.
    I'm 30 and have had great vision all my life. But today I woke up and could not see out of my right eye. It's so blurry that I can hardly make things out on my computer right now. I can see great from my left eye though.
    I've been having some odd things going on in my body lately and don't have insurnace so, I get crappy treatment when I visit docs.. They rush and don't really run any tests for anything specific.
    My symptoms:
    anxiety (i'm on zoloft for that and it's doing ok), fatigue, muscle weakness, a heavy feeling in my body, small bumps that itch & turn into small clear fluid filled blisters if I scratch them (i'll just get one or 2 at a time. it's not from ivy, plants, herpes, etc., and those started after a flight I was on but they've gone from my hand to my upper arms), lump in left side of neck about the size of a small bird egg (it's not very hard), recent lung infection, low blood pressure (around 75/59) I get cold fingers and toes (like frozen feeling you get after being in the snow without gloves) then I'll freeze all over, other times I get HOT burining feelings on my skin that feels exactly like a bad sun burn (on my arms), my hands shake a lot (mostly when i pick something up even as small as a tv remote), I have chest pain at times that feels heavy like I have a 5 pound weight sitting in the center of my chest and now I can't see very well at all in my right eye.
    What on earth would cause me not to be able to see suddenly like this. It's like looking through a lens that's very out of focuse. There's nothing in my eye. I chekced it out.
    Anyone have any idea what this could be?
    I'm going to get my eyes checked just to know for sure but there seems to be an underlying condition of some sort that's causing all of this?
    HELP...............

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-23-2006, 10:14 AM   #2
    Brocallie
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Brocallie HB UserBrocallie HB UserBrocallie HB UserBrocallie HB UserBrocallie HB User
    Re: woke up and can't see out of my right eye... HELP!

You need to go to ER immediately. You may have a blood clot in the artery going to your eye. This can be caused by heart problems, and if you have chest pain, this could be the source. Go now---DO NOT DELAY.

Old 01-23-2006, 07:03 PM   #3
    squatchimo
    Inactive
    (male)

squatchimo HB User

Yeah, i'd get in somewhere, ASAP.

Old 01-25-2006, 12:09 PM   #4
    t_411
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

t_411 HB Usert_411 HB Usert_411 HB User

Well, I have't had any chest pressure or tightness since the day I posted this.
    My vision in my right eye has come back for the most part but it's still a little blurry for some reason.
    I made an appointment with the doctor and will know for sure what's going on after that. He told me to take a baby asprine if I had anymore pains in my chest and if it gets too bad to go to the ER.
    I did almost go the other day because it was pretty bad but I decided to wait and see because I don't have insurance and can't afford to go a lot.
    I know waiting on these things could mean life or death but I live with a few people who could call 911 if anything too bad happened. The EMS is about 1/2 a mile from our house too.
    Wishing I could get insurance............................... ....
    T.

Old 01-25-2006, 09:23 PM   #5
    seriousperson
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

seriousperson HB Userseriousperson HB User

It's good that you are not alone.
    Keep in mind that hospitals are obligated to take a certain number of "charity" cases, that is, to serve free-of-charge those who have fallen through the health insurance cracks.

I just thought of something. Are you on any new medication? Not likely if you don't have health insurance.
    Last year I was given several medications to try, some of which either dilated or shrank the pupil of my eye. This effected my vision much as you described.
    If it happens again, check out the pupils of both eyes and compare for size.
    Especially since you noticed in when coming into the dark from the bright light.
    Maybe your right pupil isn't dilating as it should.
    So, any new meds? Or herb teas?
    Maybe you can look online to see what else causes a pupil to stay small in a dark room.

Last edited by seriousperson; 01-25-2006 at 09:28 PM. Reason: thought of something else

Closed Thread