It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eye & Vision Message Board

See my own veins when looking at sky?

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-27-2006, 08:09 AM   #1
tommm
(male)

tommm HB User
See my own veins when looking at sky?

Hi, ive had this problem for years, im really light sensitive, but when i look at the sky or even just at something bright inside, even if its a dull sky i can see lots of little sparks going round in my vision, they are EXTREMELY noticable, i cant ignore them, if i exercise or run/walk, when my foot hits the floor i see like what i would imagine a network of veins to look like which the sparks go around so its something to do with pressure of something xD... Ive had normal at your optician style checks and they just dismiss it, i could draw an artists impression if you like xD.

I also have other weird eye problems like random spots/ blotches / lines of colours (usually yellow or vivid blue) that can sometimes stay all day they are not floaters they stay in same position regardless, and are independant in each eye usually, ( i get classic migranes and they definately are not migranes ) if i stand up i get loads of them (im 6'2"), most go away but some can stay.

Last edited by tommm; 06-27-2006 at 08:22 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-08-2006, 12:01 AM   #2
samuel26
(male)

samuel26 HB User
Re: See my own veins when looking at sky?

In our eyes we HAVE a lot of veins. Some people can see their veis (I can too) like you. Im light sensitivity, and have a lot of floaters (some of them are blue too).
My eyes have been checked a lot of times and they are fine, so my doc say to me nmot to worry. I tell the same thing to you: don't worry about that, it's something normal. Some people sees it, others not, that's life.

There is a web site where you can ******** a program that is a simulator of eye problem. I think it is [url]www..floatershell..com[/url]

Old 07-09-2006, 05:40 AM   #3
twoeyez
Senior Veteran
(male)

twoeyez HB Usertwoeyez HB User

Also called "entoptic phenomena". It's the name of every sensations that come from the inside of the eye (ent-optic= inside the optics). So one sees things that do not exist outside the eye.

The Vascular figure is an image of the retinal blood vessels in one's own eye. It can be seen by shining a bright, moving light like a penlight onto the sclera (the white of the eye) in a darkened room. Normally the image of the retinal blood vessels is invisible because of adaptation. The unusual angle casts the image onto unadapted portions of the retina.

Sometimes it's just nice to know "why" these phenomena occur.

Eyes

Old 07-09-2006, 10:39 AM   #4
itsallgood190
Inactive
(male)

itsallgood190 HB User

it also says somewhere that it's normal. I only noticed it when my eyes went bad a little, I started noticing a lot of things lol. It's normal people just don't care about it.

Old 07-09-2006, 08:54 PM   #5
Tears_of_Psyche
(female)

Tears_of_Psyche HB User

I had experienced a posterior vitreous detachment in both eyes years ago, I had not even heard of such a thing before I went to an opthamologist.
I was seeing little translucent clusters of blobs floating around, sparkles zooming in my main field of vision, blotches of light that looked like the afterimage of a camera flash, and seeing lights even when I closed my eyes. I really thought I was gonna lose my eyesight. Taking in the fact that I had been nearsighted since grade school, and that I'm an artist, this scared the unholy living heck out of me. I went straight to the doctor, and he diagnosed me with PVD, but thankfully didn't find any retinal damage then, or at the follow-up exam.

I still see all of these things, but to a much lesser degree than when the detachment occured. I'm still ever a hypochondriac when it comes to my eyesight, but the floaters etc. are things that I just have to live with. :/

Old 07-14-2006, 05:10 AM   #6
Eagle
Senior Veteran
(female)

Eagle HB UserEagle HB UserEagle HB User

Wow, detachment would really scare me. I'm into art too, but even if I wasn't.

To the person seeing the sparks, are you by any chance diabetic? If you've accidentally consumed some whole sugar, retinas do swell and you can get flashes of light when moving your head too suddenly, until it drains out in a day or two, sparkles too I think. Sugar or salt seems to cause some macular (part of the retina) edema, swelling.

Eye damage was how my diabetes was first diagnosed 20 yrs ago.

Closed Thread