It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eye & Vision Message Board

• red eye, sensitivity to light, seeing halos around lights...HELP am really scared!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-31-2006, 05:15 AM   #1
    AnnabelleLee777
    (female)

AnnabelleLee777 HB User
    Exclamation red eye, sensitivity to light, seeing halos around lights...HELP am really scared!

A few days ago I spent the whole day traveling home from Florida to ND, a 16 hour trip. I frequently have dry eyes due to pain medication I am on.

When traveling home I kept rubbing my right eye all day because something was irritating it and it was very dry. Went to bed that night without taking out my contacts cause I was so tired(I frequently sleep in them, I know I shouldn't, but I've never had a problem before).

Woke up the next day with severe watering in my right eye due to sensitivity to light, I couldn't open my eye for a few hours cause the light hurt so much and my eye was VERY red in the veins. Changed contacts, the old one had a tear in it and that was what was irritating my eye so much and making me rub it all the time. Later that day my eye was fine, I could open it and no more sensitivity and watering, but was still really red.

This morning I woke up with slight sensitivity to light, but it went away after a few minutes, but now I am seeing halos/prisms around lights, and my vision is foggy in my right eye which is now starting to really worry me!

What could be going on here? Please help, am worried I really damaged my eye or something serious has happened!

~Christina

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-31-2006, 08:22 AM   #2
    squatchimo
    Inactive
    (male)

squatchimo HB User
    Re: red eye, sensitivity to light, seeing halos around lights...HELP am really scared!

Once again, go to an eye doctor. And quit wearing your contacts until you see one.

Old 12-31-2006, 09:17 AM   #3
    Amanda06
    (female)

Amanda06 HB User
    Re: red eye, sensitivity to light, seeing halos around lights...HELP am really scared!

Hi:
    When I was on Contacts, like you, ... sometime I forgot to take off the conctacts without any problems. Particularly on busy day and night like any young folks doing.

However, one windy day, my eyes got really hurt as seeing that some 'dust' or some 'speckle' got into my eye. Against the doctor's advice, I kept wearing contacts. However, after one or two weeks later, my right eye got foggy not able to see some fine prints.

At that time, I found my right eye got, so called, Macular Degeneration which occurs mostly 'older folks.' At age 24, I got this dx. It was very devasting experience for me to go through. Oh, ... I remember that once I got better to able to see things again, but after birth of my son, my symptoms came back and never got better, although I can see things except fine prints. Getting driver's license, I have no problem, luckily due to 'impartial blind' in my right eye.

However, I can not be sure to pin-point whether your symptoms is similar to mine, but I advised you NOT to wear contacts until you see the doctor. Sooner the better.

Please come back here to let us know, if you have time to do.

Closed Thread