It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eye & Vision Message Board

• Depth of field after cataract surgery

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-17-2007, 07:13 PM   #1
    lpress
    (male)

lpress HB User
    Depth of field after cataract surgery

I am about to have cataract surgery. Since I am used to wearing glasses, I am leaning toward fixed focal length lenses. If I opt for a distant vision focal length, how close can I expect to see? I presume I will need reading glasses, but might I use a computer without glasses?

Larry Press

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-17-2007, 09:29 PM   #2
    Jenteal
    Inactive
    (female)

Jenteal HB User
    Re: Depth of field after cataract surgery

My dad just had cataract surgery yesterday. They implanted a lens so that he can see at a distance. He went back today for his post op visit and he was released to drive and to about anything he wanted except bending over. They told him that he can get on the computer and watch tv or read but not to go crazy and do it for hours. He said that he can see 4 times better than he could yesterday but that it was still abit like he was looking underwater.

They told him that he would probably need reading glasses but that he could buy them at the local drug store. He won't know exactly which ones he needs till his eyes heal completely. He goes back in 2 weeks to get the one eye done.

Closed Thread