It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eye & Vision Message Board

• Advanced computer vision syndrome victim

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-29-2007, 06:05 PM   #1
    Syagrius
    (male)

Syagrius HB User
    Advanced computer vision syndrome victim

Hi. It has been 3 months now since I live with painful and tiring condition. 3 months ago, I played computer games a couple of nights with a bad posture, with poor lighting and too much near the cathodic screen. After that, I stopped completely this foolishness. However, I never felt my eye the same again. The upper part of them are constantly burning and numb. It is like having a pain in the back of my eyes. Around my left eye, I feel a big numbness and a
    itching sensation. My neck was painful but doing physiotherapy with stretching helps my neck feeling better. I feel constantly very tired with this condition. In the left of my left eye I feel on a permanent basis like someone kicked me there.

I have seen two ophthalmologists but they didn't seem to know my condition and said my eyes were fine and I had just a light angular blepharitis. But my life is being ruined by that. This permanent uncomfort and tiredness drains me. From what I have studied, it is called the computer vision syndrome. It seems it has not been very well known. I have corrected my posture, reviewed my lighting around the computer and I stay far from the screen. My life has become a daily struggle despite my efforts..

I don't really know what to do to heal my eyes and get rid of what seem to be an extreme CVS. What should I do? I live in Canada. Are there specialized ressources for me there? For personal treatments, I do stretching, massaging the eyes, putting warm compresses and so on. It helps temporary relieving my eyes but I am far from a permanent cure...

Thank you in advance for any advice you could give me!

Syagrius

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-02-2007, 08:21 AM   #2
    eloise_girl24
    (female)

eloise_girl24 HB User
    Re: Advanced computer vision syndrome victim

after reading your post, i am pretty sure i have CVS as well. i have been working about a foot and a half away from my computer for the last year and a half. my eyes are terrible! and im only 25!! it scared me bc i had no idea what was wrong with my eyes. but after reading your post and searching for computer vision syndrome on the internet im pretty sure that's what i have as well. it doesnt seem to be that well known. im going to see an eye doc for the first time on friday so i'll let you know what they say. good luck and hang in there!

Old 07-07-2007, 05:22 AM   #3
    Syagrius
    (male)

Syagrius HB User
    Re: Advanced computer vision syndrome victim

God, it's hell in my daily life. It is a constant pressure. numbness and burning behind my eyes... Does anyone know a treatment for that?

eloise_girl24, give me feedback about your appointment and treatments...

Help!!!!

Syagrius

Closed Thread