It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eye & Vision Message Board

• macular hole surgery

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-04-2007, 02:52 AM   #1
    LisaB65
    (female)

LisaB65 HB User
    macular hole surgery

Hi Guys just a quick question I am hoping that someone out there has had the same surgery as my Dad and can give me some advice as to how successful it was. My Dad has just had an operation to close a hole in the macular of his eye he kept his head down for 5 days following surgery as he was told by the hospital. On the return visit to the Doctor today he was told the hole was not completely closed and that he should keep his head down for a further two days to see if this makes any difference and come and see the Doctor again on monday. if any one can give my mum and dad and me some advice it would be greatly appreciated thankyou Lisa

The Following User Says Thank You to LisaB65 For This Useful Post:
    clandy (09-07-2012)
    Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-08-2007, 09:57 PM   #2
    Jenna73
    (female)

Jenna73 HB User
    Re: macular hole surgery

My mother had this surgery last year. She was told to do the 'head down' exercises for two weeks for few hours a day. She was told she could break up the hours however she wanted to... like, 30 mins here, 30 min there, etc. My mother did these exercises for 5 hours per day for 2 months, even though her doctor said 2 wks should have been sufficient. It is crucial that your father be diligent with the head-down exercises to alleviate/apply (I forget which) pressure on the retina. Needless to say, my mother's macular hole is now sealed. However, she still has problems with her vision, post-catarac surgery. She does not see things properly in that eye. I wish your father the best. Encourage him to do the head down exercises.. BTW, would you mind keeping in touch to let me know if your father's vision improves after the macular hole is closed? Best wishes.

Closed Thread