It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eye & Vision Message Board

• Glasses over contacts?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-13-2007, 12:52 PM   #1
    mwasnidge
    (male)

mwasnidge HB User
    Glasses over contacts?

I have pretty bad eyes...not sure of my prescription, but i've worn them for most of my life. I get ultra thin lenses, but my glasses still end up pretty strong, so I'm thinking of getting contacts. But I actually quite like wearing glasses, so I guess my questions is, can I wear glasses over contacts at the same time? As in getting a really weak or low prescription and wear them combined with contacts as an option?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-13-2007, 02:03 PM   #2
    Linda_in_NJ
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Linda_in_NJ HB User
    Re: Glasses over contacts?

Try the contacts maybe you'll like them. I couldn't live without mine. I hate the way I look in glasses. But all people are different. You can even try a bit of a color lens for fun. I just started wearing reading glasses over my contacts. Not too strong, just to magnify the words. Aging is the pits lol And of course you can still wear glasses over your contacts only not prescription glasses. Take Care. Linda

Old 11-19-2007, 08:02 AM   #3
    seriousperson
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

seriousperson HB Userseriousperson HB User
    Re: Glasses over contacts?

I had very nearsighted vision before my cataract surgery. After the surgery I kept reaching for my strong glasses that I no longer needed. Now I wear glasses most of the time, a very low prescription for astigmatism plus a prescription for farsightedness. I too like glasses. But now that I can see fairly well without them, I've gotten used to not wearing them sometimes.

Contacts give you much better quality of vision correction than glasses, except maybe for high astigmatism. If you have astigmatism, you could wear contacts for your nearsightedness and then a slight prescription in glasses for the astigmatism. If I didn't have such dry eyes, I would have worn contacts. They're great for walking in the rain and snow.

Closed Thread