It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eye & Vision Message Board

• Corneal Abrasion or Ulcer?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-11-2008, 09:13 AM   #1
    treyV31
    (male)

treyV31 HB User
    Corneal Abrasion or Ulcer?

Hi guys,

Just seeing what everyone thinks - I am mildly freaking out as I am in college right now and have numerous internship interviews this week!

I am not sure how it happened, but yesterday midday my eye started to feel like something was in it. By nighttime, it was red and very irritated. I went to bed and woke up with the same redness. I went to our campus health center which he said it is probably just an abrasion, but to check at an optometrist to make sure it isnt an ulcer. So I am waiting to hear back from the office but until then could you possible give me some relief on what it is?

- Some Redness but its not nearly as bad as yesterday and even this morning
    - I am able to keep my eye open with little to no pain. The only pain I feel is a feeling of dryness but when I think about the eye watering, it starts to water!
    - No whiteness or discoloration in my eye. There is a brown speck on the colored part of my eye but I think thats been there - I think ive noticed it before. haha
    - Cloudiness but I can still see just fine - I would definitely be able to drive. Bright light doesnt hurt alot at all
    - No discharge or puss. I woke up once during the night at around two AM and saw a small amount of puss below my eye but that was the only time.

What do you guys think? I have a phone interview in a couple hours. Wish me luck! Thanks in advance for everyones help!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-11-2008, 02:31 PM   #2
    mike1961
    (male)

mike1961 HB User
    Re: Corneal Abrasion or Ulcer?

Best to see what your doc says or see an ophthalmologist for a second opinion if the problem does not clear up or reoccurs. I know they often prescribe a steroid drop (like Tobredex) for corneal ulcers which often clears up the problem very fast. But, you don't want to overuse them and doctors are often hesitant to prescribe them because they can temporarily increase eye pressure.

Best to you,
    Mike

Closed Thread