It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eye & Vision Message Board

Suggestions for Mebomitis ?

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-05-2008, 08:53 PM   #1
Or97301
(female)

Or97301 HB User
Suggestions for Mebomitis ?

I have been diagnosed with Mebomitis. This oily film on my eyes along with the gritty feeling makes seeing very uncomfortable. I thought I would get relief when my Dr. put me on doxicycline. It got somewhat better after being on this medication over a couple of months. However, after being on it over 6 months and with the onset of summer the bright sun and light was almost as hard to deal with as the problem itself. My Dr. told me if this worked I could be on it the rest of my life! Would this actually be safe to take it that long? It is hard for me to believe, that if any medication helps this problem, that gradually this condition would be cured. Please give me any suggestions or other medications or procedures that may prove to be better or helpful in my situation. I would enjoy hearing other readers and their experiences with this condition.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
Need help or suggestions as to whats wrong with my son BabyDsmom Children's Health 3 08-02-2007 12:16 PM
workout DVDs/videos...suggestions? froggy123 Exercise & Fitness 0 11-27-2005 01:35 AM
Need some suggestions! Want contacts again! Kortney Eye & Vision 13 02-03-2005 09:36 AM
suggestions on allergies thescaredest Digestive Disorders 0 09-17-2004 09:33 PM
Need some help, suggestions, or advice mernee Bipolar Disorder 3 06-07-2004 08:36 PM
Suggestions anyone? Tigre Epilepsy 3 09-18-2003 05:13 PM
Going to see dr. Monday, need some suggestions please salty Bipolar Disorder 6 06-06-2003 11:07 PM
Insomnia --- Over-The-Counter or Herbal Remedy Suggestions??? MMMarie Sleep Disorders 5 04-13-2001 01:13 AM