It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eye & Vision Message Board

• questions after orbital blowout fracture surgery, please help!!!!! :(

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-09-2009, 04:18 AM   #1
    mikeyp
    (male)

mikeyp HB User
    questions after orbital blowout fracture surgery, please help!!!!! :(

I got attacked mid october and ended up having the floor of my eye socket broken (medically known as an orbital blowout fracture).
    I had an operation to correct this early november which left me with massive swelling and a really horrible looking black eye, which my doctor told me would gradually dissapear within time.
    Its been over 2 months since i had surgery and my eye still feels a little swollen and its still bruised, albeit not as much as it was, but it still looks horrible.
    Its more of a redish brownish colour than a black eye, but its getting me down and making me feel so depressed.

I was just curious as to when i can expect my eye to start to look normal again (not like a panda). Ive asked my doctors but they just keep saying the same thing 'another 2 weeks' etc etc etc.
    Also when i look up or down my vision goes double which is really annoying too, doctors say when the swelling goes down it should correct itself but i cant see this happening as the swelling has mostly disappeared. I dont know what to believe i feel asif theyre just telling me what i want to hear, and not the truth. Any information is appreciated.

Thanks, Michael

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-10-2009, 08:05 AM   #2
    KeelaC
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

KeelaC HB User
    Re: questions after orbital blowout fracture surgery, please help!!!!! :(

Can't really help, except to say my husband fell off a roof and did similar damage. I can't remember how long it took for his face to heal completely, but he complained of that eye being blurry for a long time. It had filled with blood. It did eventually clear up, so you'll just have to continue to be patient.

Closed Thread