It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eye & Vision Message Board

post laser treatment problems help

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-10-2009, 08:46 AM   #1
agnel
(male)

agnel HB User
Question post laser treatment problems help

hi every one,

i had zyoptix100 laser treatment in june 2007. last september like that i.e., in 2008 i had some eye infection like eye lids swollen ,sore and redness. i have consulted the hospital i had the surgery , n they said its nothing to do with the eye surgery and gave me some doxy cycline and tear drops which worked for the swollen eyelids and soreness. but the irritation is still continuing. so now they me some refresh gel and tears . but when i use them continously its ok but if i dont use the eyes are still itchy and some times they becoming red for whole day .
actually i had squint surgery too before twice. one was before 4 years.

is this irritation due to this operation. i have to tell after the squint surgery i had many problems like , one of my eyelid is drooping a bit , there is lot of puss forming in the eye which doesnt come out easily.

please tell me a solution. do i have to use drop always like for my life time. they are not effective that much though.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-11-2009, 05:20 AM   #2
TopGeek
Senior Veteran
(male)

TopGeek HB UserTopGeek HB UserTopGeek HB UserTopGeek HB User
Re: post laser treatment problems help

If you have pus then you have a bacterial infection. Some infections can be very persistent so you should be under medical supervision until the infection is eliminated.
It is possble that the doxycycline is not the appropriate antibiotic for the infection that you have. The only way to be sure is to have a laboratory analysis of the pus.
So, you need to either revisit the hospital and ask for that analysis to be done or visit another doctor/clinic for the same purpose. Don't neglect it because the bacteria could damage your sight permanently. It is also very important to follow the instructions for taking any antibiotic and to complete the course.

Closed Thread