It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eye & Vision Message Board

• stars, and floaters in vision pressure in head

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-20-2009, 11:47 PM   #1
    dorotahp
    (female)

dorotahp HB User
    Exclamation stars, and floaters in vision pressure in head

With this headache that I've been having when I cough or bend over, I have this other thing thats happening and its the stars (black and white sparks I would explain them) and floaters that I see in my vision.

Plus i have ringing and vibrations in my ears, which based on how my headache feels I feel is due to pressure in my head, its not coming from my sinuses either... its the back and one side of my head. I always feel intense pressure in my head, like sometimes to the point of hearing my pulse in my ears.

What is this?? anyone with an idea????? I'm 21 yr old female if that helps, not overweight not high blood pressure with lots of headaches normally

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-22-2009, 10:33 AM   #2
    SFX Group
    (male)

SFX Group HB User
    Re: stars, and floaters in vision pressure in head

Stars as you explain in eyes is normally lack of blood to the eye, so with you hearing your pulse in your ear that could also be a blood vessal pressing around the ear.

I would get an MRI of your head done to be sure.

However as i am finding most things like this are diet, i cut out wheat and dropped 28-30 lbs of weight in 10 weeks (cut out deserts as well but never dropped weight liek that).

Been heavy for over 10 years..... this also showed in my face and head... there might be something you have an allery to (which will cause headaches as well).

I have to stop eating sugar (eye problems).

I used to get pressure in my head (not with headache or stars) when i used to bend over, never get that now after i cut wheat out...

Many Thanks
    Ashley

Old 10-23-2009, 07:56 AM   #3
    dorotahp
    (female)

dorotahp HB User

thanks for the help, I can see the lack of flow to the eyes as a possibility, the vesel and hearing my pulse, would I feel it in my whole head like the pounding actually causing pressure in my head? I will cut the sugar out of my diet and see what happens, hopefully its something I'm eating and I'll try to eat less junk and see if it helps, Thanks, I went to the doctor and she just told me to take vitamin B6, and did some tests (blood) for iron, thyroid, and some kidney tests, which is weird but i'm not a doctor,

Thanks

Old 10-24-2009, 01:23 AM   #4
    SFX Group
    (male)

SFX Group HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dorotahp View Post
    and did some tests (blood) for iron, thyroid, and some kidney tests
    Iron and kidney tests where likly to see if your anemic (lack of red blood cells) this would do dizzy and eye problems.

Thyroid as they an create all manor of odd water retention issues and other general body control stuff...

Last edited by SFX Group; 10-24-2009 at 01:24 AM.

Closed Thread