It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eye & Vision Message Board

• Can I buy prescription glasses onine?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-14-2010, 06:34 PM   #1
    nodd
    Inactive
    (female)

nodd HB User
    Question Can I buy prescription glasses onine?

Hi im a little nearsighted.
    recently i happen to find an online store selling prescription glasses and want to change a new glasses coz items there are looks great and cheap.
    But i never buy glasses online, i don't how about the quality although it says all items are with a full warranty and good quality.
    So would you like to give me some suggestion?
    Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-14-2010, 09:48 PM   #2
    rklaingar
    (male)

rklaingar HB User
    Re: Can I buy prescription glasses onine?

It's always better to buy stuff on site. Even clothes you buy online don't always fit. Glasses are pretty important. I guess it also depends on the site but I'd say it's better to have them by you to try them on that way you can minimize the chance of error.

Old 04-15-2010, 05:43 AM   #3
    gsshop
    Inactive
    (male)

gsshop HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by rklaingar View Post
    It's always better to buy stuff on site. Even clothes you buy online don't always fit. Glasses are pretty important. I guess it also depends on the site but I'd say it's better to have them by you to try them on that way you can minimize the chance of error.
    i agree with what rklaingar said.
    in fact you had better to buy prescription glasses on site, but you can buy frames online if you jusst want to wear frame to match your clothes

Old 04-15-2010, 06:41 AM   #4
    Machaon
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Machaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB User

I always buy my Prescription Glasses online. In fact, I recently purchased 24 sets of glasses. They had a sale for single vision glasses, 2 for 1. The glasses were mostly for $8 per set, so I got most of them for $4 per set! It cost me about $110 for 24 pairs of glasses, including shipping. Plus...... the service was great. I had a slight problem, and they fixed it right away with a refund!

I don't like bifocals, so the many different reading glasses allows me to have them all over my home, in my pants' pocket, and in my truck. A number of the glasses were experiments, where I changed the Sphere to provide different levels of magnification. I wanted to find the "perfect" glasses for me, and I did it by experimenting with the Sphere!

So...... I got numerous reading, screen, driving and all-purpose single vision glasses at a fraction of the cost of going to a brick and mortar eyeglass shop. I've had them for about a year, and they are GREAT! I love them. If I get tired of a particular style of glasses, I just reach into my eyeglasses and select a different style for that day. I LOVE IT!

⇒ Do it yourself SLIT greatly improved my asthma and MCS
    ⇒ I make my own dentures with moldable plastic pellets. Saves me $$$
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

⇒ 900 weight lifts, 750 weighted knee bends, bike daily
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Machaon; 04-15-2010 at 06:41 AM.

Closed Thread