It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eye & Vision Message Board

• Optic migraine? And unintentional vibrating eyes?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-28-2011, 09:08 PM   #1
    theramses
    (female)

theramses HB User
    Optic migraine? And unintentional vibrating eyes?

I'm a 22 year old female. And I've had glasses for over 10 years now. Never had any eye problems except for nearsightedness.

However, back in January, my grandma passed away. I was really upset for a couple days, crying off and on. About 3 days later, I noticed (I think in my left eye more?) that I was seeing a zig-zagging pattern that was multi-colored and it progressed into a hazy halo thing. It lasted around 45 minutes.

And after my boyfriend had looked up some info online we came to the conclusion that I may have had an optic migraine. Caused by the crying I'd been doing for the past couple days. I never went and saw anyone, although it was really scary.

Now every once in a while, I'll see like a quick speck of light/color, and get kind of freaked out because that's how my optic migraine began. But nothing ever happens.

I guess I want to know if anyone else has ever had one, what they did, any info? Any long-term effects from these?

Also, my eyes do that vibrating thing that a lot of people can do on command. Except when it happens to me, it's unintentional. It happens fast and then it's over. Nothing hurts. I just wonder if I don't do it intentionally, does that mean something is wrong?

Thanks for reading and any responses/info!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread