It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eye & Vision Message Board

• Anxiety/Confusion when wearing contacts

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-21-2011, 08:24 PM   #1
    JahvidMyBest
    (male)

JahvidMyBest HB User
    Unhappy Anxiety/Confusion when wearing contacts

My vision naturally is in good enough condition that i can drive legally without assistance. Recently i was prescribed contact lenses to compensate for the relatively mild vision blurring associated with my nearsightedness and astigmatism.

When i put in my contacts my vision became immediately better. Lines were crisper, colors brighter, i could see farther, etc. However, whenever i have my contacts in i begin to feel very anxious and uncomfortable. It's a feeling of being trapped inside myself. My thoughts become foggy, words escape me, and i have trouble completing my sentences in simple conversation. I have an incredibly tough time focusing on anything for more than an instant. My entire body becomes very hot and i start sweating bullets. I feel as if i have been drugged, yet immediately after removing my contacts i am entirely without symptoms. Why is this happening??? My glasses provide similar discomfort but to a MUCH lesser degree.

Has this happened to anyone before? Any suggestions? I have now tried and compared two different brands of contacts with the same result. Thanks for your help!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-23-2011, 02:40 AM   #2
    earthworm88
    (female)

earthworm88 HB Userearthworm88 HB Userearthworm88 HB Userearthworm88 HB Userearthworm88 HB User
    Re: Anxiety/Confusion when wearing contacts

Quote:
    Originally Posted by JahvidMyBest View Post
    My vision naturally is in good enough condition that i can drive legally without assistance. Recently i was prescribed contact lenses to compensate for the relatively mild vision blurring associated with my nearsightedness and astigmatism.

When i put in my contacts my vision became immediately better. Lines were crisper, colors brighter, i could see farther, etc. However, whenever i have my contacts in i begin to feel very anxious and uncomfortable. It's a feeling of being trapped inside myself. My thoughts become foggy, words escape me, and i have trouble completing my sentences in simple conversation. I have an incredibly tough time focusing on anything for more than an instant. My entire body becomes very hot and i start sweating bullets. I feel as if i have been drugged, yet immediately after removing my contacts i am entirely without symptoms. Why is this happening??? My glasses provide similar discomfort but to a MUCH lesser degree.

Has this happened to anyone before? Any suggestions? I have now tried and compared two different brands of contacts with the same result. Thanks for your help!
    Hi JahvidMyBest,
    Sorry to hear that you are having this type of claustrophobic sensation while your contacts and eyeglasses are on. I personally have not experienced this and have not heard of any such complaints in regards to contact lenses after so many years in this field. Having said that, I think anything is possible. I am sure you are probably not the only one out there. I suspect this may be a psychological effect and it is unfortunate that your sense of well being is compromised while attempting to gain good comfortable vision. Someone in the psychology field may be able to explain this.

My only advice is to continue to try the contacts first by starting with staying at home, an hour or two at a time and slowly increase your wear time and then slowly move on to outdoor and social environment.
    I hope eventually you will get over this and be able to enjoy clean crisp vision.

Cheers! :-)

Closed Thread