It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eye & Vision Message Board

• Sudden double vision, now days later double vision in peripherals

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-27-2011, 11:36 AM   #1
    jjj943
    (female)

jjj943 HB User
    Sudden double vision, now days later double vision in peripherals

Hello,

Last Thursday night I drank heavily and apparently bumped my head around on a table. The next day I had a terrible hangover (probably one of the worst I ever had- which is really strange because I've drank much more before and had crazier nights) and midday I had a sudden onset of double vision. I think that's what it was, but I could barely tell because it was so hard to look straight. I couldn't walk normally because of the double vision. I went to an urgent care center but they just said if it kept up in the morning to go to the ER. In the morning (Saturday morning) it was almost gone and I could see to walk but the double vision was still there in my peripherals in each eye (even if I shut my left or right eye it was still there). Today is Tuesday and it hasn't changed. It is giving me headaches and making me disoriented. Before I would've never considered this, but I'm thinking maybe I got a concussion? I was sitting down on the ground when I fell and I hit a table (not very hard) and then hit the ground. People that were with me said it wasn't a very big fall. The extreme hangover and disorientation in the morning and the lasting double vision makes it seem like it was a concussion. I'm going to the ER this afternoon, but please let me know if anybody has any suggestions!

If anybody has any experience with a sudden onset of double vision, how long did it take for yours to resolve? Mine got a lot better through the night but is now at a hault.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread