It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eye & Vision Message Board

• Nose in field of vision...

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-29-2013, 09:43 PM   #1
    Sadman79
    (male)

Sadman79 HB User
    Nose in field of vision...

I noticed a few weeks ago for the first time I guess that my nose is visible in my field of vision. It seems like one eye is looking at it from the left and the other looking at it from the right..the end result is a blurry almost double vision version of the bridge of my nose. It is distracting and was alarming enough, until I figured out what it was, to have my eyes checked only to have perfect vision and to be told by my ophthalmologist that I need to see a psychiatrist.
    kal82 valleron2009 if you guys are out there would you please respond, I am curious as to whatever became of your situation..your stories resonated highly with me and described exactly what I am now facing..
    It seems silly to be so concerned over this and I really do think its all in the [email protected] are helping me tremendously too I have discovered.
    Another thing..it is said that I could have an eye allergy..causing me to lose focus and therefore maybe my eyes are drifting towards my nose..which awakened a new consciousness towards my ability to see my nose and thus I became fixated on it to the point where I have to re-train my brain to ignore it? I want to believe that, but I can't deny an actual physical issue..my eyes are tired and I have strong sensitivity to light. I notice that at night my nose isn't really an issue.
    This is weird and I would really like to know what this is about..supposedly it is normal to see your nose if you look down at it..but at what point did it become a distraction?! Anyone, with anything to contribute to this, I look forward to your response.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-29-2013, 09:52 PM   #2
    fordaisy
    (female)

fordaisy HB User
    Re: Nose in field of vision...

I have the same problem. I have a weak muscle in one of my eyes that occasionally causes me to see double. So I am assuming that seeing my nose has to do with my weak muscle. I see it less if I don't think about it. But it is annoying as hell /

Old 04-29-2013, 10:04 PM   #3
    Sadman79
    (male)

Sadman79 HB User

Hi and thanks for replying. My left eye has always seemed weaker and my eyelids twitch a lot on that side. Both eyes are currently just feeling weak..and I feel like they could just collapse. I guess its just a matter of mind over matter, I mean what can you do? The brain, I've read, is supposed to ignore that as non-important information and disregard it..
    How long has your condition been going on for?

Old 04-29-2013, 10:08 PM   #4
    Sadman79
    (male)

Sadman79 HB User

Hi and thanks for replying. My left eye has always seemed weaker and my eyelids twitch a lot on that side. Both eyes are currently just feeling weak..and I feel like they could just collapse. I guess its just a matter of mind over matter, I mean what can you do? The brain, I've read, is supposed to ignore that as non-important information and disregard it..
    How long has your condition been going on for?

Old 04-29-2013, 10:16 PM   #5
    fordaisy
    (female)

fordaisy HB User

Years, but seems worse lately. I've been going through a PVD, so my eyes have been real wakey lately.

Old 04-29-2013, 10:25 PM   #6
    Sadman79
    (male)

Sadman79 HB User

So do you wear glasses, is your vision fine otherwise? Do you find yourself fixated on these issues? I really do feel that the mind can perpetuate conditions by constantly honing in on them as opposed to ignoring them. I know that some things really can't be ignored but I believe the mind is powerful enough to channel healing in ways we as a society haven't fully realized.

Old 04-30-2013, 08:15 AM   #7
    fordaisy
    (female)

fordaisy HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Sadman79 View Post
    So do you wear glasses, is your vision fine otherwise? Do you find yourself fixated on these issues? I really do feel that the mind can perpetuate conditions by constantly honing in on them as opposed to ignoring them. I know that some things really can't be ignored but I believe the mind is powerful enough to channel healing in ways we as a society haven't fully realized.

I wear contacts and glasses at night. My vision is 6.25 left eye, 7.50 right eye. Very near sighted. I use to see good close up until I started to age (I'm 57). Now I need glasses to read. I just got a new prescription for a pair of bifocals. Then this year I suddenly started seeing lights at the side of my eyes. I kept racing to the opthamologist thinking my retina was detaching. He said my retina was healthy & that my soupy vitreous is tugging on the retina causing the flashes.
    I've had floaters my whole life so I don't even notice them any more, but the lights have given me a lot of anxiety. Same symptoms as a detached retina. The light started out as floating balls along the side of my eyes and now they are waves of light. They seem to be decreasing in frequency and getting lighter. So I am hoping they will dissipate soon.
    I think doing eye exercises can strengthen the eye muscles and improve the nose effect. The only reason I don't do them is I am waiting for the lights to go away so I won't cause more floaters or a tear in the retina. I try not to fixate on it as when I do it drives me nuts. Ignore and you won't notice it. Hope this helps.

Old 04-30-2013, 09:51 AM   #8
    Sadman79
    (male)

Sadman79 HB User

Yeah getting stuck on something and obsessing only draws attention to it. I originally thought I had a detached retina as it seemed like I was losing my peripheral vision. That was before I realized I was "seeing" my nose Getting checked out by a doctor is good and if nothing comes up then ignoring it might be the best thing to do. I've heard of ocular migraines, my friend(who is blind in one eye) gets those and so does my brother. They sound frightening but these are our bodies..we have to live in them and most of us have some physical issue or another I suppose..
    I wish you the best and please keep in touch should the need arise..
    -Anton

Closed Thread

Tags
    eye abnormalities