It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eye & Vision Message Board

Mild burning sensation in left eye that isn't going away, what is it?

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-24-2013, 10:05 AM   #1
storyteller17
(male)

storyteller17 HB User
Mild burning sensation in left eye that isn't going away, what is it?

Hi, I am a 19 year old male, and for the past few days I have had this burning feeling in my left eye only. It sort of feels like I have had my eye open for a long time, even though I havent, and it also sort of feels like there is some cold air making my eye burn just a little. Either way, it is just an annoying discomfort that isn't going away. It started a couple of days ago, when I rubbed my eye with my hand. Immediately my eye started stinging and I went to the restroom and cleaned my eye, and the stinging went away, but now there is this strange discomfort that hasn't left. I have had this type of discomfort happen before, apparently everyone has, but its never lasted this long. My left eye looks perfectly fine however, no redness, swelling, pain, watering, or discharge, so I don't know what the problem is, and no one seems to believe i even have one, at least in my family. But I can always feel that burning, and sometimes for maybe a couple of minutes it goes away during the day, but then comes back and at least once a day it gets bad enough to where I have to half-close my eye sometimes. It's not an unbearable discomfort, but it is slowly starting to bother me more and more because it isn't going away and I don't want to go to the doctor and spend alot of money because of the insurance deductible, so hopefully there is someone who has had or knows someone who has had a similar problem and can help me fix it without seeing a doctor. I appreciate any help.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Tags
burning, discomfort, eye