It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eye & Vision Message Board

• Blepharitis help

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-27-2013, 07:54 PM   #1
    goniila
    (female)

goniila HB User
    Blepharitis help

I have been suffering from blepharitis for about 1 year. I was put on a regimen of eyelid scrubs/massage, restasis (x4), doxycyline (50 mg), refresh eye drops as needed, and erythromycin at night. This had been working very well for about 6 months. About that time my skin started feeling really itchy and I developed hives/rash on my face and body. They took me off of the doxycyline and within the week I developed extreme eye pain and a small chalzion in one eye. I was put on Azithromycin which helped with the eye pain but I developed the rash again. It seems as though I need the antibiotic to help my eyes and I am not sure what to do. Anyone have a similar reaction to doxycyline? Has anyone been on doxycyline and switched to Azasite with good resutls? Just looking for some advice.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-28-2013, 12:31 PM   #2
    Eagle
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Eagle HB UserEagle HB UserEagle HB User
    Re: Blepharitis help

Thanks for introducing this subject, and sorry I can't help you but will subscribe. Your allergies luck sounds like mine, Reactions to the most expensive meds. I do like Refresh drops, afraid of most everything else. If you find a solution, hope you'll keep us posted.

Old 12-11-2013, 08:14 PM   #3
    LLucy48
    (female)

LLucy48 HB User
    Re: Blepharitis help

Dear gonilla,

I was on antibiotics for my Blepharitis. I used baby shampoo too. When a friend said she got rid of her Blepharitis I wanted to know what she used and it was An Avon Facial Scrub. It had Benzethonium Chloride in it. She used the facial scrub because her Blepharitis moved up onto her eyelids.
    I could not buy that product so I looked to see what other products had Benzethonium Chloride in them.
    I ended up using WET ONES, antibacterial hand wipes, in the red box to kill the Blepharitis.
    I tore each wipe into 8 sections and rubbed each eyelash area 2 times 4 times a day.
    This for a week and a half. I then went down to 3 times a day for about a month doing this. After that I did it 2 times a day for several months. It is gone.
    Three doctors looked into my eyes and could not find it. One was the Dr. who diagnosed the Blepharitis. They told me it would come back. I said it has been 4-5 months. Now almost a year and still gone.
    It seems to be a bacterial infection and that is why the antibacterial wipes worked.
    Two people using 2 different products both with Benzethonium Chloride in it have gotten rid of Blepharitis.
    There is a way to use mascara at the same time and still not re-infect. Let me know if you need that info.
    Be sure and wash each eye with a separate wash rag each time so as not to re-infect your eyes. I used white wash rags to be able to put in the bleach load.
    A blogged on a Dr.'s site and he asked if I rinsed my eyes off after and I said no.
    It takes a while as this goes deep into the roots of the eyelashes.
    I was able to get relief right away doing it 4 times a day.

I have contacted Mayo and eye research places but there does not seem to be any interest in a cure for this problem.
    The eye Dr. I went to said to me "My aren't you clever." Actually, it was desperate.

I learned to blog to get this info out to help someone.
    Hope it helps you.
    LLucy48

Closed Thread

Tags
    blepharitis, doxycycline