It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eye & Vision Message Board

Strange reaction to eye drops

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-19-2013, 03:27 AM   #1
albo181
(male)

albo181 HB User
Unhappy Strange reaction to eye drops

Hi, I'm wondering if someone could advise me.

Several weeks ago, I was prescribed with Antibiotic eye drops for possible conjunctivitis. I took them for 7 days and the eye pains/aches I was experiencing went away. However, after a week or so some minor symptoms returned and so my doctor prescribed me with Afluon eyedrops 0,5mg/ml (non-antiobiotics) in order to get rid of whatever was remaining.

After taking the new eyedrops for the first time yesterday, I soon noticed a very yucky taste at the back of my throat that lasted all night. This morning, when I woke up the taste had gone, but I now had a sore throat feeling alongside a sensation of having mucus trapped at the back of my throat (I also somehow note this sensation a little in my ears?!). Could this be an allergic reaction, and if so should I be concerned or is this normal? When I first put the drops in my eyes, my eyes themselves burned for a short while, but then returned to normal.

thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Tags
conjunctivitis, drops, eye, mucus