It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eye & Vision Message Board

• Simple eye strain or something else...

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-26-2013, 11:16 AM   #1
    mtcell
    (male)

mtcell HB User
    Simple eye strain or something else...

Hello,

I am a 40yr old Caucasian male of average weight/height. About a month or so ago my left eye / eyelid started slightly twitching out of the blue. This twitching went on throughout the day and did not seem to improve or worsen depending on what I was doing. However, after a few days the twitching seem to lessen in intensity, but was was replaced by what I can only describe as a slight pressure and the feeling that something was in my eye, not a foreign object per-say, but rather just something that was
    already a part of my eyes anatomy was becoming larger or irritating my eye in some way if that makes any sense at all. The pressure feeling seems to move between the top-right portion of my eye behind the upper eyelid and the bottom-left portion of my upper eyelid

As this past month has progressed, I have noticed that the vision in the affected eye is noticeably worse then it was before all of this started and noticeably worse than in my other eye. I have also noticed that I do not seem to produce as much tears in the affected eye as compared to the non affected eye. There is a slight pain in the eye as well, which fluctuates between mild and moderate in intensity. This pain is usually focused in or around the center portion of the affected eye.

Anyway, a few days ago, I finally caved in and went in to see my local optometrist, who gave a comprehensive eye exam which yielded no significant findings in his opinion. He then diagnosed me with a simple eye strain and said that I would need to just need to give it time to heal. My question(s) are therefore, what other eye problems could mimic these symptoms that are not related to a simple eye strain and can an eye strain last this long without showing any sings of improvement?

Finally, I just wanted to add my last to eye glass prescriptions so you can see how they have changed over time and what information you can learn from them. Please note that I did not wear any glasses until 2005, despite the fact that I needed to be wearing them for most of my life. This was not because I refused to wear glasses, I was just never told that I needed them until then despite all the vision problems I had due to my very high astigmatism. Also note,the almost 8 1/2 years between the 2 exams and the changes in the Sphere, Cylinder, and Axis in both eyes over these years. Not being an eye doctor, I am not sure what significance these changes mean in relation to my current vision problem (if any) but I felt it would be negligent for me not to point them out.

Eye Exams:
    ======================================== ========
    Date: Summer 2005
    OD: (Sphere -0.75) (Cylinder -6.00) (Axis 1.79)

Date: 11/22/2013
    OD: (Sphere -1.50) (Cylinder -5.50) (Axis 3)

In closing, I would like to thank you for any and all information you can provide.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread