It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eye & Vision Message Board

  • Pressure in my right eye, numbness on right side of my face -- ??

  • Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Thread Tools Search this Thread
    Old 07-06-2014, 12:29 AM   #1
    eyepressure's Avatar
    Join Date: Jul 2014
    Location: Los Angeles
    Posts: 1
    eyepressure HB User
    Talking Pressure in my right eye, numbness on right side of my face -- ??

    Hey everyone,

    about 4 years ago, my right eye started appearing larger than the left. I had just had Botox around the eye, and wondered if it was a result of that... But then as the years wore on the bulging eye didn't settle down, it seemed to be irritated when I drank coffee, or had stress and haven't done Botox since, but the problem persists.

    Recently the problem is getting worse. Aside from the eye being open wider, the pupil in the right eye is also dilated and it feels like there is pressure inside the eye. Also the right side of my face is becoming numb. This is consistant even when I am on no medication, or drinking coffee.

    I have been to UCLA eye center and they did a full neuro optomology test and found nothing wrong. I have been to my Lasix Dr. (Dr. Malony) and he also found nothing. I even had an MRI for tumors - and they found nothing. I also went to a Glacoma specialist and their feedback was -- it's probably stress related.

    I am really at a loss, I know something is wrong here. I have been under serious stress in the last 4 years, but this eye problem, seems to getting worse and I am worried that it could become a larger issue. I want the right side of my face to feel normal again, not tingly and numb, with a bulging eye. I've tried eye drops, because my eye was dry after Lasix, and I have tried eye drops for allergies, but neither have fixed the issue.

    If anyone has any information on what this could be, or things I can do to treat this it would be extremely helpful. Thank you very much.

    Last edited by eyepressure; 07-06-2014 at 12:33 AM. Reason: more information

    Sponsors Lightbulb
    Old 07-06-2014, 06:53 AM   #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date: Mar 2013
    Posts: 170
    whiskeythekid HB Userwhiskeythekid HB User
    You need a regular doctor and not an eye doctor. Its probably a problem with the nerves in your face or an allergic reaction to something. for example bell's palsey. I am not a doctor and I am not saying that you have that or not. From my experience, eye doctors do not know anything about things that effect the eyes but are not related to the eye like an illness or allergy.

    Closed Thread

    Thread Tools Search this Thread
    Search this Thread:

    Advanced Search

    Posting Rules
    You may not post new threads
    You may not post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is Off
    HTML code is Off
    Trackbacks are Off
    Pingbacks are Off
    Refbacks are Off

    Sign Up Today!

    Ask our community of thousands of members your health questions, and learn from others experiences. Join the conversation!

    I want my free account

    All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:01 PM.

    © 2022 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved.
    Do not copy or redistribute in any form!