It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eye & Vision Message Board

• Binocular or Monocular Diplopia?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-22-2014, 07:10 AM   #1
    brook421
    (male)

brook421 HB User
    Binocular or Monocular Diplopia?

I am a 50 year old male. I have been seeing ghost images for a while. This occurs in both eyes. Close either and the ghost is still there. Doesn't matter if I'm wearing my glasses or contacts. For the longest time I have pushed it off as blurred vision, but it seems to have gotten worse, and that's when I noticed it. I have seen an ophthalmologist and my optometrist. My ophthalmologist said it was a lens problem, so I went back to my optometrist. In between that time that up close the diplopia doesn't seem to be as much of a problem. And all the tests that both dr.'s ran were up close. My condition seems to get worse the further out the object is. Especially when it's dark. My optometrist told me that I need to see a Dr. that specializes in Binocular test. But by all the things I'm reading, that would mean that if I close one eye the problem should go away, but it doesn't. I'm also experiencing loss balance issues. It usually happens when I'm standing in place, but not always. I can also loose my balance on an uneven surface or in the dark. I don't feel a spinning sensation, just loss of balance.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-24-2014, 05:52 AM   #2
    brook421
    (male)

brook421 HB User
    Re: Binocular or Monocular Diplopia?

I did a test this morning. I wore my glasses while driving to work, the prescription is at least 4 years old, the ghosting was not as severe as when I wear my contacts, which are current. Is it possible that because there is more magnification with the contacts that the ghosting gets worse or could it be the prescription is off? I've been checked by the Dr. several times and the script had only a minor change from the one a few months ago.

Closed Thread

Tags
    balance faint lightheaded, double vision, ghost images