It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eye & Vision Message Board

• Prednisone and Eyes

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-31-2014, 11:45 AM   #1
    YSOma
    (female)

YSOma HB User
    Prednisone and Eyes

I have Temporal Arteritis sometimes called Giant Cell Arteritis. I've been on Prednisone for 18 mo gradually coming down in dosage as long as my CRP #s are okay. Currently I'm at 8mg a day. My eyes are fuzzy, I feel light headed most of the time but especially when move around. I wear no-line bifocals. I also have difficulty mentally focusing. I was taking Travatan eye drops until a few days ago replacing it with Refresh Celluvisc Lubricant Eye Gel. This has gotten rid of the morning scratchy and red eyes. It take so much effort to do any kind of reading/computer work and stresses me out to the point of headaches. What can I do and will my eyes ever go back to normal?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-31-2014, 06:35 PM   #2
    cynmac
    (female)

cynmac HB User
    Re: Prednisone and Eyes

Quote:
    Originally Posted by YSOma View Post
    I have Temporal Arteritis sometimes called Giant Cell Arteritis. I've been on Prednisone for 18 mo gradually coming down in dosage as long as my CRP #s are okay. Currently I'm at 8mg a day. My eyes are fuzzy, I feel light headed most of the time but especially when move around. I wear no-line bifocals. I also have difficulty mentally focusing. I was taking Travatan eye drops until a few days ago replacing it with Refresh Celluvisc Lubricant Eye Gel. This has gotten rid of the morning scratchy and red eyes. It take so much effort to do any kind of reading/computer work and stresses me out to the point of headaches. What can I do and will my eyes ever go back to normal?
    For being headed. Talk to the dr about meclenze it sure helps me alot. I have been going though that in my eyes being like that and also running pus. Beside the drops try warm compress.maybe as you get off the pred they might
    do better. Mine did i just got off pred also but not as long as you have .you're in my prayers

Closed Thread

Tags
    autoimmune disease, dizzy, fuzzy mind, prednisone