It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Eye & Vision Message Board

• MEWDS - EYE Issues

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-23-2014, 01:47 PM   #1
    jillnesloney
    (female)

jillnesloney HB User
    MEWDS - EYE Issues

Hey All,

I was diagnosed with MEWDS 9 months ago. I have been visiting my Ophthalmologist regularly and still feel very lost and confused. I was told that in 3-6 month this condition would improve and go away. I still have partial blindness in my left eye. Though it doesn't impair my life severally I do have difficulty looking at my computer for a long time. I find that I am tired all the time and sometimes late in the day feel like I just want to close my eyes. I recently had an EOG/ERG test run and am waiting to meet with my doctor to review the results. I am in Houston (which has tons of wonderful doctors) and still seem to find very few answers. I want to make sure my diagnosis was correct and that my vision isn't going to get worse. My whole life I have had 20/20 vision. I woke up one day and realized my vision was impaired severally in my left eye. The issue remains. It is a blurry spot that it a little off center from my focal point in my left eye. Without the vision of my right eye... the left eye can barely read. I wanted to know if anyone else has had similar issues. I really want to get this figured out.

Let me know if you have suffered from similar issues!

Jill

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-22-2014, 06:55 AM   #2
    neverdiephoenix
    (male)

neverdiephoenix HB User
    Re: MEWDS - EYE Issues

My wife previously had Mewds on her right eye, blurring peaked and return to normal over the span of 3 weeks. She could feel that it gets better day after day after it peaked. Recently she had a recurrent diagnosis of Mewds in the left eye, color is affected, blurring is much worst than last time, and it is not getting better with time. She is very worried that this may never heal and it affected her mood and daily function badly. I hope you will do better. Please update us if you have any new information!

Closed Thread

Tags
    blurred vision