It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Family & Friends of Addicts and Alcoholics Message Board

• Husband takes adderall, pain pills, drinks and smokes ... too much to handle

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 11-22-2015, 02:01 PM   #1
    NolaGirl2
    (female)

NolaGirl2 HB User
    Husband takes adderall, pain pills, drinks and smokes ... too much to handle

Hi, I'm not sure why I am here. I feel like everyone is tired of hearing me talking about my marriage troubles. I have

Last edited by NolaGirl2; 11-24-2015 at 09:48 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-22-2015, 10:10 PM   #2
    the ranger
    (male)

the ranger HB User
    Re: Husband takes address, pain pills,drinks and smokes.. too much to handle

Ive got a few questions .Why would he get the kids and can you get a job.

Old 11-23-2015, 03:06 AM   #3
    Gonzalo
    Inactive
    (male)

Gonzalo HB User

I am sorry to hear you are having this problem. He clearly has an addictive personality and will only get worse with the passing of time. I don't really believe that talking to him, his family or seeing a professional will do any good.

The first thing you must realize is that your marriage is irretrievably broken. Once you come to terms with that, you will be able to move forward. Unfortunately, you have children, which makes it a lot more complicated. If you didn't have children I would say: "Leave him then seek a divorce." But since you have kids, you have limited choices, none very good.

You can still ask for a divorce. Not just say it to him but actually start the process.

You can ask for a separation (legal or otherwise) of at least six months. Tell him that he has to go live elsewhere.

Get a part time job. If his family are nice people, then you can see if they will give you a part-time job. Get you out of the house. It is not emotionally healthy to be stuck raising kids all the time. If you really like kids, maybe a job at a child care center could be a solution. Put kids in nursery. You will have more freedom once they are in school. Don't get pregnant again. If you do, you are the one that has a problem.

The Following User Says Thank You to Gonzalo For This Useful Post:
    NolaGirl2 (11-24-2015)
    Old 11-24-2015, 10:18 AM   #4
    NolaGirl2
    (female)

NolaGirl2 HB User

He would get the kids at least 1/2 the time says several attorneys that I have talked to. I have a college degree in Art so my job choices are limited. I have started to do extra/modeling work which pays well and gives me the time with my kids but as to fully support myself I guess I will figure it out. Its just a sad situation all around. The kids are my priority and that should be my main focus.

Old 11-24-2015, 10:20 AM   #5
    NolaGirl2
    (female)

NolaGirl2 HB User

Let me just say that I would never... NEVER sleep with him much less have a kid in this situation. That would indeed be crazy!

Old 11-24-2015, 03:31 PM   #6
    the ranger
    (male)

the ranger HB User

ok im speaking to you as an alcoholic who hasnt drank in 42 yrs.You have 2 choices.You can stay and b miserable or leave and change your life around.Your husband is a drunk and a druggie.Time for you to move on with your life.Good luck.

Old 11-24-2015, 08:32 PM   #7
    HurtinginTx
    (female)

HurtinginTx HB User
    Re: Husband takes adderall, pain pills, drinks and smokes ... too much to handle

I'm sorry I know you must be so hurt I am in a marriage where husband smokes pot and laughs at the hurt I feel

Reply Reply