It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Family & Friends of Addicts and Alcoholics Message Board

• ex bf in rehab

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 02-28-2016, 02:06 PM   #1
    vane0109
    (female)

vane0109 HB User
    ex bf in rehab

Hello I wanted to share my story..

its been a roller coaster ride for me but ive written about my ex who oviosuly had mang issues in my previous posts. He bhad many issues and I tried to be very supportive. We broke up like three months ago because of his infedility and his drug abuse. He contacted me last week because he decided to go to rehab. Im happy he has taken this step but Im really having a mix of feelings about having communication with him at the same time I know he needs alot of support during this dark place in his life. A lady from the rehab facility contacted me and told me he listed me as a primary contact and when he called me i told him he should list his mother then he also told me he listed his Ex as well and that made me feel a certain way as well. So basically im listed , his mother and the ex girlfriend such a odd mix to be in. His ex girl also reached out to me because she helped him get into this progrM and im glad she did but she still loves him although shes in another relationship.

I sent him a package yesterday because I do know he needed couple things but I just feel confused about everything. I am happy he is in rehab but its just a odd situation im not sure if he has hopes theres a possibility of getting back together but i made it clear he needs to work on himself. My question is should I keep contact with him while hes in rehab? I know if i reject his calls he would probably get upset or jus call his ex girlfriend who knows but im just realy bummed about this whole situation and is causing me anxiety and making me sick. I would apprecite feedback and advice.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-28-2016, 08:07 PM   #2
    MSNik
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
    Re: ex bf in rehab

This is only my opinion, but I would cut him off entirely while he is in rehab. First of all, let him get upset. He is in the right place to get through it and help with being upset. Secondly, anyone who has ever been through this is told that they should not be in a relationship until they have a year of being clean. Him relying on you to be there is setting him up for a dissappointment. Lastly, dont you deserve better?
    Its great that you care and you sent him what he needed...but now, let the counselors do their job. When he is clean and able to have a clear headed conversation with you in a year - meet him for coffee and tell him how proud you are of him. This is not your repsonsiblity and you dont need him relying on you. He has to learn to rely on himself.

Good luck!

Old 07-19-2016, 01:38 PM   #3
    lady112
    (male)

lady112 HB User
    Re: ex bf in rehab

Quote:
    Originally Posted by MSNik View Post
    This is only my opinion, but I would cut him off entirely while he is in rehab. First of all, let him get upset. He is in the right place to get through it and help with being upset. Secondly, anyone who has ever been through this is told that they should not be in a relationship until they have a year of being clean. Him relying on you to be there is setting him up for a dissappointment. Lastly, dont you deserve better?
    Its great that you care and you sent him what he needed...but now, let the counselors do their job. When he is clean and able to have a clear headed conversation with you in a year - meet him for coffee and tell him how proud you are of him. This is not your repsonsiblity and you dont need him relying on you. He has to learn to rely on himself.

Good luck!
    Gud luck

Reply Reply