It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Family & Friends of Addicts and Alcoholics Message Board

• tramadol, I hate it and all other prescription pills for pain

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 09-01-2016, 09:51 AM   #1
    robertxx48
    (male)

robertxx48 HB User
    tramadol, I hate it and all other prescription pills for pain

My wife has become addicted to tramadol and about every other prescription pain pill.
    She has back pain and I'm suprized at how many refills she got and how many pills she took.
    I had my ankle fractured in feb. Dr gave me hydro .I don't use pills but did take 2 or 3.week later bottle was empty.so get more andempty also.she got some from somebody where she works.was bad stuff she was bouncin off the walls.then 3 weeks ago dr gave her oxycodine.took 1 and that night she went into a jerking spell .when I tried to get her to stop shehit me with her fist hard , kicked me n slapped me hard.finally got her up n walked that crap out.and the next day we had a heart to heart talk but she defended her legal drugs.3 days later I gave her 2 choices .me or drugs and Iif drugs pack your stuff n get.we had another talk.I had another bottle of pills for my ankle hid which I never used but I grabbed them and made her watch me flush them down the stool.she looked sad like where were they? I said I can deal with my pain so can you.well she gave me a bottle of tramadol 120-50 mg.was filled 3 days ago.counted them and only 72 in bottle, I asked where did so many go? She was defensive again.we had another talk.she has went 2 weeks without them.her breathing at nite has smothed down no deep snoring and sudden convulsion like action.
    I set up xray n an mri to see her priblem.she admitted she has a problem.I had a talk with dr.hope he sides with me.she said if she has to take pills she wants me to control them.I will but am trying to get her away from this stuff.she was becoming unbearable to live with happy 1 minute n bite your head off the next.oddly without the pills she hurts and about same pain level.
    Anybody have any suggestions to help me and how to keep her off drugs? Love her more than anything but pills are between us.1 has to go and its the pills.
    Sad how drs just give pills out like here addictive but masks the problem and when hooked sorry toots I make a living selling legal drugs, sorry your family is dead but its all about $$$.
    We have a daughter 18, she moved as soon as she graduated.sadly she never told me but her n her mom was fighting all the time.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-13-2016, 11:00 PM   #2
    Kyle524
    (female)

Kyle524 HB UserKyle524 HB User
    Re: tramadol, I hate it and all other prescription pills for pain

Its not the Dr.'s fault that your wife chose to stop being responsible in her medication use and started abusing them. Hopefully you can find what her pain issue is and find other ways to treat it. It sounds like she has some pretty strong addictive issues and hopefully they'll be able to treat her without narcotics.

But it's important to say, there are many of us who have to take Narcotics daily for Chronic Pain and multiple illnesses/diseases and yes we may be dependent on them but we still raise our kids, work, go to activities. Not everyone who has to take narcotics becomes an addict.

Reply Reply