It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Family & Friends of Addicts and Alcoholics Message Board

• Is there any hope for crack addiction?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-26-2003, 10:31 AM   #16
    cetiya
    (female)

cetiya HB User
    I was addicted to crack 10 years ago. It was very hard to quit, but I did it alone. took a while, but i did it. you have to be determined to quit, desperate to quit and have the strength to say no to the cravings that last for years. YEARS but she had to want it, wont do any good if she doesnt.

------------------
    Never forget the fallen heros of 9-11

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-26-2003, 12:49 PM   #17
    MScontin

MScontin HB User
    All i can say is i've abused crack on and off from 18-I'm now 27. haven't used it in at least 2 yrs....... butI still have "crack dreams", and an occasional craving?(I liked Medical nitrous better?) it is pure and simple-EVIL! My thoughts and prayers will go out to you, as that s--- is the Devil's creation.
    It also seems you just chase and chase and chase and.........
    A.C.

Old 08-26-2003, 01:02 PM   #18
    redjoy
    Inactive

redjoy HB User
    Thanks to all you good people for caring. I do believe it is the ultimate tool of the devil. I pray that all of you stay away from it & be strong!

Old 09-01-2003, 08:51 AM   #19
    Jaybone

Jaybone HB User
    Quote:
    Originally posted by nomoreopiatesihope:
    when i lived in panama city, fla- i really got into that. it is so hard to put down. the only thing that stopped me was to get away....far away. i moved to oklahoma (of coarse not by choice, i broke my back and couldnt work or pay bills). after away from it for a while, i actually forgot about it, since it was months before i could even walk. i know you might not be able to take it to that extreme, but try to really encourage her to stay away from other smokers (good friends or not), places to buy, etc.

i'm afraid to say this, and i hope i'm wrong in your case, but she wont have much luck quitting unless she really wants to quit herself, or she is put in a situation like i was and couldnt get it. i hope everything turns out o.k. does she ever show any signs of wanting to drop this addiction??

This is a smart person. with drugs like crack and meth, you must flee, you must remove your self from your old haunts.
    good answer nomoreopiatesihope

Old 09-01-2003, 09:22 AM   #20
    redjoy
    Inactive

redjoy HB User
    She says she's not strong enough but the strange thing I find is years ago when she was young & on it she didn't care about anyone me her kids nobody which I heard is the case with crack. This time although she says she isn't strong enough, If I talk to her or I have gotten a letter once in awhile is is so sorry for what she is doing to us & it seems very important to her to let me know she is still a good person. She sd things like I still take a shower & don't protitute (which I heard lately has changed) but this time on crack she seems to have more feelings. My other daughter is going to go see her w/her husband & another man sd she just wants to hug her & say she loves her, it's a real bad area I hope they'll be ok.

Closed Thread