It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Family & Friends of Addicts and Alcoholics Message Board

• How long does roxicodone stay in system?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-26-2003, 06:39 PM   #1
    John 808
    Inactive

John 808 HB User
    Question How long does roxicodone stay in system?

Hey ya'll!

My sister-in-law suffers from fibromalygia (sp?), two bulging discs, and TMJ. (Along with depression.) She takes something called roxicodone (don't know what that is) and has recently filed for life insurance. They want to do a physical and ofcourse check for substance abuse. First, how long does this particular drug stay in your system and second, should she just be upfront with them about what she takes? I fear that she takes more than she should, because she used to come to me (when I still used) and asked for any "extas" and I know she was prescribed about 250 of these roxicodones. BTW, what is that? Thanks for any answers and hope everyone is doing well with their battles. God bless each of you,

J3:16

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-26-2003, 06:50 PM   #2
    Philster2003
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Philster2003 HB User
    I'd be up front especially if she has a Dr's' prescription. I have not heard that they test for the levels, just the detection. If they test and detect and she has a valid Dr's prescription then it' legal and valid. Now the Insurance company will most likely dig deeper into what the issues is and if its a liability to them! You never know about insurance companies lol

phil

Old 10-26-2003, 07:11 PM   #3
    aquar

aquar HB User
    Roxicodone is generic percocet...250 pills per script?? An addict's dream come true!!
    take care!

Old 10-26-2003, 07:43 PM   #4
    John 808
    Inactive

John 808 HB User
    Yeah, she gets 250 for every 2 and a half months. She was wondering if she did not take if for about 3 days prior to the testing, would it show up? (As well as her Ambien and Lorcet.) Like Phil said, insurance companies are so ticky, she wants to be clear of as many meds as possible, but for as few days as possible. I feel sure she'll have withdrawals though. She has had a tough time since a divorce several years ago- never really got over it and just developed several "conditions." What about the 3 days? Is that enough? Thanks ya'll!

Old 10-27-2003, 07:51 AM   #5
    Philster2003
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Philster2003 HB User
    Three days may be cutting it close from what I've read. Do a Net search I'm sure you can find more specific information. But I really think this is hard to pin down because it depends on the testing company and what level of testing they are going to.

Good luck

phil

Closed Thread