It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Family & Friends of Addicts and Alcoholics Message Board

• What does a treatment plan consist of?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-08-2003, 06:32 PM   #1
    tertree
    (female)

tertree HB User
    What does a treatment plan consist of?

My son had his first solo group session tonight and he said the counselors where going to put him on a treatment plan. what does that mean and what does it consist of? He didnt ask and I have no idea what it means.
    thanks
    teresa

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-08-2003, 07:04 PM   #2
    Hopefortoday
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Hopefortoday HB User
    Re: What does a treatment plan consist of?

It's probably a structured plan of what he is to do on a daily basis with his recovery which may include NA or AA meetings, daily readings and meditations, talking with sponsor, working the steps, etc. I'm sure it will be a plan to get him totally focused on his recovery and not his old behaviors. Don't worry if you're not filled in on exactly what he's doing . . . he needs to do it himself!! Good luck to you and your son!

Old 12-08-2003, 07:17 PM   #3
    tertree
    (female)

tertree HB User

oh ok i thought they were going to maybe prescribe him somethig to help with the withdrawals if and when they start.
    Which i think they may be starting.
    he's been off meth for 5 days

Old 12-08-2003, 07:18 PM   #4
    Hopefortoday
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Hopefortoday HB User

That may be a part of it as well. Just trust that he's in the care of those who know what's best for him!!

Old 12-08-2003, 11:06 PM   #5
    Angel of Mercy

Angel of Mercy HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by tertree
    oh ok i thought they were going to maybe prescribe him somethig to help with the withdrawals if and when they start.
    Which i think they may be starting.
    he's been off meth for 5 days
    tertree,
    Crystal Meth users don't have the same kind of withdrawals that you normally read about on here. Your son's w/d's will be more in the form of depression, mental side effects - they don't have the same physical side effects. When I did the massive research on Crystal most all the information said the same thing and my friend in prison confirmed just that.

My friend in prison is 44 years old and has been shooting crystal since he was 16 years old. He did this daily for 26 years. He would shoot up several times a day and also smoke it. He was what they called the "cook" and had a Meth Lab. When he went to prison he was taken off of his daily habit and they did not put him on anything to help withdrawals. His biggest complaint was the depression and the lack of energy.

I wish that I could post some of the websites that I found because it gave very detailed information on Crystal Meth addiction, withdrawals, etc...after short and long term use. From talking with my friend now I can definitely see how it has damaged his brain and his way of thinking/reasoning. It is so sad too. Even though he has been locked up for 2 years he still has that craving/urge for it even though he now says he hates the drug and will "never" go back there again. The pain and grief he caused everyone who knew him was unbelievable. He was the master at lying and was that way for 26 years...he doesn't know how to be any other way. That is what is the saddest of all and I don't see that changing either.

Good luck tertree and keep me posted. I really am interested in your saga and so wish I could share all the information I found. You have to do an extensive search because you won't find the stuff I found through just plain searches. I'm persistant and was not going to give up until I found what I was needing to know. Once I stumbled onto the info I found I spent over 60 hours just reading and reading and reading.

I know what I went through, what he put me through and what he put everyone he touched through...my heart goes out to you. I do care!

AoM

Old 12-09-2003, 04:33 AM   #6
    tertree
    (female)

tertree HB User

I found one forum that I am going to make jason read. It has alot of letters from users on there. they wrote what they went or are going thru now. There is also letters from families of meth uses telling what they are going thru dealing with someone who uses meth.
    He hasnt gotten depressed yet, how ever he says he is having a hard time concentrating now on things right in front of him.
    I guess I need to research more.
    Angel of Mercy

thanks
    teresa

Last edited by AddictionMod; 12-09-2003 at 05:13 AM. Reason: No personal contact on the board is allowed. If there are websites that you would like to post, please e-mail the websites to Moderator1 for approval. Thanks.

Closed Thread