It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Family & Friends of Addicts and Alcoholics Message Board

• my son clean 2 yrs from opiates just admitted crack use

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-21-2006, 09:54 AM   #1
    joanharvest
    (female)

joanharvest HB User
    Thumbs down my son clean 2 yrs from opiates just admitted crack use

I am devastated. Things have been going so well for him. He spent last winter achieving his goal of living in flORDIA and working and fishing. He's 25.
    he was a heavy oxycontin and heroin user and has stayed clean for almost two years. He Looked healthy and hAPPY. He came home at the beginning of June for the fishing season and in August met a girl. Turns out she does coke. He dabbled in it, then they broke up and he has been doing a gram a day for about a month. Smoking it and shooting it. He told me this morning. He called his dad who came down and drove him to a rehab or the psyche ward whichever will take him. We were both crying. He feels so guilty. I'm going to go to al anon. I jsut can't believe this has happened. I don't know if I have the strenghth to get through it again.

Last edited by joanharvest; 12-21-2006 at 11:33 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-21-2006, 10:29 AM   #2
    amithy
    (female)

amithy HB User
    Re: my son clean 2 yrs from opiates just admitted crack use

Of course you do, and you will!

Old 12-21-2006, 10:31 AM   #3
    ozzybug
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

ozzybug HB Userozzybug HB Userozzybug HB Userozzybug HB User

Joan-
    The good thing is that your son readily admitted a problem and called for help. I would think this means he wants to be clean and beat this thing. I know it's exhausting to go through this even one time, but twice, whew. I know, my husband has beat two addictions himself. It can be done sweetie. Stay strong and just be there for your son. He needs you.

Good Luck sweetie. Keep posting because you need support too.

Old 12-21-2006, 04:05 PM   #4
    joanharvest
    (female)

joanharvest HB User

My daughter is so angry with my son for relapsing. She told me that if her brother shows up for Christmas that her husband probably won't come and if he doesn't come she might not either. So I am left having to choose between my two children. My daughter has done so much for me. I am disabled and she and her husband are moving in with me in a month because I can't afford my home anymore. They are going to pay all the bills and we will live together. She has always been there for me. She has never caused me trouble. But my son wants to come to Christmas when he gets out of rehab, he loves his family. How can I choose between them?

Old 12-21-2006, 04:14 PM   #5
    flintrock
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

flintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB User

You can't choose between children. You all are going to have to have a family meeting and get things straightened out. that's the only way. It will work out.

Old 12-21-2006, 04:20 PM   #6
    joanharvest
    (female)

joanharvest HB User

Flintrock, two years ago when he was doing heroin we had a lot of family meetings and they helped a lot. I don't know why it didn't occur to me this time. Thanks for reminding me. It's a great idea.

Old 12-21-2006, 07:46 PM   #7
    flintrock
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

flintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB User

Good....glad to help. i will put you guys on my longggggggggg prayer list..............things will work out.........you will see!! Merry Christmas.........

Old 12-23-2006, 06:19 AM   #8
    sublime7376
    (male)

sublime7376 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by joanharvest
    My daughter is so angry with my son for relapsing. She told me that if her brother shows up for Christmas that her husband probably won't come and if he doesn't come she might not either. So I am left having to choose between my two children. My daughter has done so much for me. I am disabled and she and her husband are moving in with me in a month because I can't afford my home anymore. They are going to pay all the bills and we will live together. She has always been there for me. She has never caused me trouble. But my son wants to come to Christmas when he gets out of rehab, he loves his family. How can I choose between them?
    Telll him that if he stays clean there will be Christmas next year. He has obviously caused a lot of damage in the family, and rehab surely has taught him that he is responsible for the wrekage of the past. You can't bite the hand that feeds you, and if your daughter and her husband feel so strongly I am sure it's for a good reason. Your son may be manipulating you - don't let him. Let me just say, in my experience, rehab gaurentees nothing. I have been through 6 inpatient rehabs, and it took me six years to get the six months I have today because I was so heavily enabled by my parents. Show him you are serious in your resolve against his addiction, and telll him you love him and there will be Christmas next year if he can stay clean. I bet your daughter will be happy to share the holiday season with him if he can stay clean for a year.

Last edited by sublime7376; 12-23-2006 at 06:22 AM.

Old 12-24-2006, 08:17 AM   #9
    joanharvest
    (female)

joanharvest HB User

my daughter, being the thoughtful person that she is, told me this morning not to worry--it's OK if her brother comes for Christmas and she and her husband will come too. I hope everyone has a happy holiday and thanks for your input and support.

Closed Thread