It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Family & Friends of Addicts and Alcoholics Message Board

• Pain medication...can it make you as high as a kite?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-04-2007, 08:00 PM   #31
    BrittleBones
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

BrittleBones HB UserBrittleBones HB UserBrittleBones HB UserBrittleBones HB UserBrittleBones HB User
    Re: Pain medication...can it make you as high as a kite?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jaxobean View Post
    Actually Pain Management docs do not give out pain meds. They go through the Primary Care Doc. who is in charge of writing them. So thanks for the opinion but that is not how it works...
    Also drugs are everywhere- legal or illegal- you cannot blame everything on the availability of it.
    I just had to jump in here and contradict you! Pain Management doctors absolutely DO write prescriptions for pain medications. That is the normal practice....you can find primary care docs that write the prescriptions as directed by the pain management doc as well. But I, for one, get my prescriptions for pain medication from my pain management doctor. Just wanted to clear that up. KathyMac

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-04-2007, 08:08 PM   #32
    jules3
    Inactive
    (female)

jules3 HB User
    Re: Pain medication...can it make you as high as a kite?

Yes kathymac, she was directing that to me,,but i am in the medical field and am well aware that pain mgmt. docs write scripts for pain meds..

Closed Thread